Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Edit existing programming question

Edit existing programming question

hi, i am trying to edit an existing program, but i do not have the original project files as the original programmer just up and left and will not respond to phone calls or emails.... is there a way for me to edit existing programming without the existing project files? or do i have to start from scratch? I am on the Essentials software, cant get myself into Inclusive until december when the next class is scheduled...

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    OchoaB99, to be able to extract the current programming you would need to be using the Inclusive version of the Radio Ra2 software. If you work with your local Lutron Rep Agency, they may be able to assist you in getting Level 2 training, or finding a programmer that may be able to extract the programming for you.

Quote Originally Posted by OchoaB99 View Post
    ...start from scratch?
    Bear in mind that's not always a bad thing. You can either spend your time debugging what someone else gave up on... or start over with a full understanding of exactly what's where.

Yes, it'll take time to do a factory reset on all the devices, build the project again and re-activate them, one-by-one. But you'll have a complete picture of what's set up.

Quote Originally Posted by OchoaB99 View Post
    hi, i am trying to edit an existing program, but i do not have the original project files as the original programmer just up and left and will not respond to phone calls or emails.... is there a way for me to edit existing programming without the existing project files? or do i have to start from scratch? I am on the Essentials software, cant get myself into Inclusive until december when the next class is scheduled...

Ochoa- if you can bring an iPad, I would highly recommend using the editor. The latest version is fantastic. About all you can't do is create and name buttons, or determine the button type. If you are happy with the button action, you can add devices, subtract devices, change fade/delay rates from the iPad. You CAN create new timeclock events from the iPad. I do not have experience on Android apps, so those make work as well. The iPhone app is okay for editing, I just prefer the larger interface.

There have been smaller jobs that I no longer program devices to the keypad buttons, just name and button type. Then come in with the editor to set the proper devices and levels (at night, easier to see the results).
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    if you can bring an iPad
    iPhone can do all of that just as well - and there is iPhone 6 Plus if you want larger screen! ;)