Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The secret Pico remotes Lutron doesn't want you to know about

Cool The secret Pico remotes Lutron doesn't want you to know about

I just discovered that Lutron sells several Caseta-compatible Pico remotes that don't appear *anywhere* on the Caseta website at https://www.casetawireless.com/products/pico-remotes. There's a Pico controller with a nightlight (taking the 10 year battery life down to 3), and several four-button Picos that can control multiple lights, shades, and scenes in a variety of configurations. https://www.lutron.com/en-US/Product.../Overview.aspx You can even get four button Picos with custom-screen printing, so the buttons will be labeled with whatever you want! These are great options to have, but they seem to exist on a need-to-know basis and aren't easily found for sale. I definitely would have made some different choices in my Caseta purchases and configurations if I'd known these were options, though.

If you go to lutron.com and select Products, Caseta Wireless... they are all hiding in plain sight. This is probably a better tool for helping design a system.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Yeah, it's just kind of a mess. For example, the Serena controls, Serena Picos, and nightlight Picos don't appear on the casetawireless.com site *or* the Caseta section of lutron.com, but they do appear on the Pico section of Lutron.com. That leaves us with three different places a new Caseta owner would need to look to get the full picture of what's available. Four if you include serenashades.com.

I agree. Lutron needs to make access to all available / workable Picos, more user friendly. It took me forever to research and locate the Picos I needed for my Caséta System. Especially since the Caséta System is geared as a End User Installed system. I’ve been usin Lutron products for 30 + years, so I knew I could find what I was looking for to build my system. Attached is a listing of Lighting Control Picos. This list does not include the Shade Picos. Hope this helps

Caséta Pico Remotes *** = Color
    No Model No Description Notes
    1 PJ2-4B-***-P01 4 Button Pico Remote Family
    2 PJ2-4B-***-P02 4 Button Pico Remote Kitchen
    3 PJ2-4B-***-P03 4 Button Pico Remote Any Room
    4 PJ2-4B-***-L31 4 Button Pico Remote 4 Scene Limited programming
    5 PJ2-4B-***-EL2 4 Scene Pico Remote CUSTOM Custom Engraved
    6 PJ2-3BRL-***-L01 3 Button with Raise Lower
    7 PJ2-3B-***-L01 3 Button with Preset Button
    8 PJ2-2B-***-P01 2 Button Pico Remote Entry
    9 PJ2-2B-***-P02 2 Button Pico Remote Bedside
    10 PJ2-2B-***-L01 2 Button Pico Remote On / Off
    11 PJN-2B-***-L01 2 Button Pico Remote w/nightlight
    12 PJN-3BRL-***-L01 3 Button with Raise Lower w/nightlight
    13 PJ2-3BRL-***-F01 3 Button Fan Control
    14 PJ2-4B-***-L01P 4 Button Pico Scene Keypad - On/Off with Raise/Lower
    15 PJ2-4B-***-L21P 4 Button Pico Scene Keypad - Two Group Control - On/Off
    16 PJ2-3BRL-***-A02 3 Button Pico Wireless Control with Raise/Lower - Audio

My Caséta System

1 - Casetá Hub
    19 - Dimmers (mix of PD-6WCL-GWH and PD-5NE-BL)
    5- Lamp Modules
    1 - Switch
    26 Devices Total

5 - Regular Picos
    1 - 2 Button Pico
    1 - 4 Button Kitchen Pico
    3 - 4 Button Relax Picos
    2 - 4 Button Movie Picos
    4 - 4 Button Custom Engraved Pico
    16 Picos Total

42 Total Devices

1 - Single Pedestal
    3 - Double Pedestal
    1 - Triple Pedestal
    Wall Mounted Plates

Where can I order custom engraved Picos? Is there anywhere online that will do this? Looking to get 1-3 made.

The catalog isn't very clear on how to order custom engraving. It just says to "Contact Lutron Customer Service". I guess there's no way to order them online? You have to pick up a phone and talk to a person? Like ordering software in the 90s.

Hello there,

You can get the Lutron Pico Engraving Sheets here : https://www.lutron.com/en-US/Service...rodn=RadioRA+2

the Pico Forms are at the bottom under Keypads. they are in PDF forms. What I did is download the PDF, then create my own "Fill In Form" on top of theirs. this allowed me to fill in all of their information, plus add more detail / specific information. I wanted very specific naming and spacing on my buttons.

I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNied View Post
    Hello there,

You can get the Lutron Pico Engraving Sheets here : https://www.lutron.com/en-US/Service...rodn=RadioRA+2

the Pico Forms are at the bottom under Keypads. they are in PDF forms. What I did is download the PDF, then create my own "Fill In Form" on top of theirs. this allowed me to fill in all of their information, plus add more detail / specific information. I wanted very specific naming and spacing on my buttons.

I hope this helps
    Thanks! Circling back after missing this when you first posted. Did you send the form directly to Lutron or go through a dealer?

You send the Custom Engraving Sheet / Form through a Dealer or an Electrical Distributor.

Here's the Ordering Process

1. First you decide on the Pico Model you want
    2. Place the Order with the Dealer / Electrical Distributor
    3. Give / Send them the Custom Engraving Sheet / Form
    4. They then place the order to Lutron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast