Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RA2 and Unifi Networks...any definitive answers?

Sorry to reply so late. I had similar issues with my RA2 system and UBNT. Here are the settings that resolved the issue:

Settings/Wifi/Advanced
    Optimize IoT connectivity: enable
    Multicast enhancement: enable

Settings/Network/Lan/Advanced
    IGMP Snooping: enable

Settings/Advanced Features/Advanced Gateway Settings
    UPnP: Enable

2. Thanks hoist thanked for this post
    Hey ErikU - I can't find the "Optimize IoT connectivity" option in Unifi controller version 6.1.71. Any suggestions?

I am looking in WIFI/Advanced and I see Multicast enhancement, but no IoT option.

Everything else is set as you suggest other than IoT. Lutron not currently working for me.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by ErikU View Post
    Sorry to reply so late. I had similar issues with my RA2 system and UBNT. Here are the settings that resolved the issue:

Settings/Wifi/Advanced
    Optimize IoT connectivity: enable
    Multicast enhancement: enable

Settings/Network/Lan/Advanced
    IGMP Snooping: enable

Settings/Advanced Features/Advanced Gateway Settings
    UPnP: Enable

Make sure LAN to WLAN block traffic is disabled.

Upgrade from 6.1, its not a good release. 6.5.55 or higher will also patch the log4j vulnerability.

5. Thanks hoist thanked for this post
    In the end, I made all your changes PLUS Lutron support noticed my laptop was on a 192.168.100.xxx network while the Caseta was on a 192.168.1.xxx network. I had to go onto my hidden wifi network with access to the .1. network in order to communicate with the Caseta. Once I did that and input the Caseta's ip address, then it was off to the races.

I thought I'd post this incase there are other Unifi deployments out there that have similar settings applied.

I've long struggled with updating RA2 main repeaters using Ubiquiti equipment. The only way to update the programming or firmware was to hardwire into the system. If trying to update the system over Wifi and the RA2 software isn't able to find the repeater, it's possible the Unifi deployment is blocking LAN to WLAN multicast traffic. Check the following settings:

Settings > Wireless Settings > (Your Wireless Network)
    Under advanced options > Check to see if "Multicast and Broadcast filtering" is checked. If so, the system would block any multicast traffic being sent from LAN devices to the RA2 software via Wifi.

If the option has been enabled, you can add the main repeater as an exception by clicking the "Add client" button. See the image below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unifi Multicast.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	918

the only way I was able to connect a main repeater to my unifi network was adding an unmanaged switch between the repeater and my managed unifi switch. Otherwise I get no status lights or connection.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdrackett View Post
    the only way I was able to connect a main repeater to my unifi network was adding an unmanaged switch between the repeater and my managed unifi switch. Otherwise I get no status lights or connection.
    So I just encountered this tonight after upgrading my UniFi switch to the enterprise model. I stumbled across this thread trying to fix it, but figured it out with some trial and error.

It turns out the 2.5Gbps ports don't support 10Mbps which is the only ethernet mode the Ra2 main repeaters support. I worked around this by plugging the main repeater into my Dream Machine switch directly as a temporary workaround. It's not ideal, but it'll work for now. I'm anxiously waiting Ra3 to support dual repeaters so I can upgrade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12