Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Create slow flashing LED keypad feedback

Create slow flashing LED keypad feedback

We are integrating a Tridium BMS system with Lutron.Communication is carried out through a Crestron system that provides all the user integration.Our Des-Ops call for control of electric towel rails that are handled by the BMS.All control is operational however one aspect has me a bit flummoxed:The BMS system will run the towel rails according to a user defined timetable - generally twice a day (morning/evening)The end user also has the option to turn the towel rail on & off via the Luton keypad located outside the bathroom.When the towel rail is on the button LED should light.Now the tricky part. When the towel rail is under control from the BMS timeclock we need to slowly flash the keypad LED.Currently I can get the LED to turn on from the timeclock, but for the life of me cannot figure out if it's possible to flash it let alone a slow flash.Is this possible in the existing software?I don't see any options for controlling the LED feedback apart from the standard 'LED Logic' & 'LED Based on' functions.I realise I can create a flash input on a phantom, but ideally would like to handle this within Lutron.Cheers-s

Slip are you using the QS seeTouch Keypad Monitor modules in your Simpl program? You have inputs on them for SET_LEDx_ON and also off. Cant you just use those and an oscillator in Simpl to blink the KP button led. Unless there is something I am missing here

Hi John,I was not before, but I am now :) That works a treat. And yes you were right on the mark. Again was simply trying to keep everything inside the Lutron but once again thwarted.Many thanks for your suggestion.Regards-s

PS, I tried to use the Thank for this post & Like this post for your suggestions but this appears broken.-s

Create a variable. Lets call it "bms" with states of "active" and "inactive."
    Create a sequence to turn the towel rails on/off. You can set the LED status to blink or rapid blink.
    Create a phantom button that sets the state of the variable.
    Set the keypad button as a conditional that says, "if the variable is active, execute the sequence - if not turn the towel rack on."

This assumes you can use the clock to send multiple commands (one to set the variable and one to turn the load on/off).

I would add a second or two delay between the variable command and the on command. Just to give the HQS processor time to process the variable.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com