Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Any update on Savant and QSX processor integration??

Any update on Savant and QSX processor integration??

It has now been over a year since QSX has been introduced and yet I don't see Savant compatibility on the official page. I have a potential customer who has a 1 link QS processor and wants to expand to wireless and use the app which means I either have to get an additional soon to be obsolete QS processor which will work with their current savant system, plus a connect bridge, or a single 2 link QSX processor and move forward to the current system. It is a tough position to be because judging by all the new releases, it looks like QS is the walking dead. At best, we'd be lucky to get a token update here or there. But since Lutron decided to get rid of Telnet on QSX, it means that all old integration would be broken. If only they let Telnet stay, this would be a no brainer, alas, it's more complicated than ever. I honestly don't know what to tell the customer. I told them a year ago that QSX was a new technology but would likely be the future but at the time it wouldn't work with their Savant system. Now a year later I am still in the exact same position.

I have asked Lutron several times, and they say that Savant has been given the Leap protocol just as they have to others like C4, Crestron, etc. It is Savant that is lagging on this, and I wonder if they think they can steer people away from Lutron and into their own products. Its just stupid on their part but that is typical Savant.

We have a project we are deploying now where they originally requested QSX but I told them if they want Savant lighting control they would have to install a QS processor (which they agreed to do). I'm not the Lutron programmer on this job but I am doing the Savant. The Lutron guys knew nothing about this. Realistically they arent losing anything so its not a big deal as far as i'm concerned.

Thanks for the information. I just hate having to tell a customer that there is a new system out but they have to spend money on the older version because Lutron and Savant are stubborn. Lutron being stubborn for not bringing Telnet support and generally being super slow with adding features to QSX and Savant for dragging their feet on Leap. Sadly this particular customer is all into color changing bulbs and such so they could potentially want Ketra in the future. I will just have to be honest and say at the current time, QSX is just not ready and is more of a Beta than an actual solution.

Yep Ketra is the only QSX benefit so far.