Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ceiling Fan/light combo?

Ceiling Fan/light combo?

I would LOVE to integrate RA2 control of ceiling fans with lights.

Anything on the horizon for this? Any alternative options? Thanks

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for the feedback Ramias. Currently the only option would be to have 2 separate controls; one RRD-2ANF for the fan and one dimmer/switch for the lights.

Ok thanks. Is there a canopy module needed as well or is all contained in the dimmer and fan modules? And is there an option for a single pico that can control both the fan and the light?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    No, the RRD-2ANF does not require the use of a canopy module.

Fwiw, I'd gladly pay for both a combo fan/light module and something capable of acting as a canopy control for a fan. A hybrid wall keypad where some of the buttons were configured for fan speeds would work great with something tucked into a canopy. Shame nothing like that exists for RA2. I got around this by putting in a box elsewhere for the 2ANF and using a 6-button hybrid to control it. Top button is light, next three are for fan high/med/low, then Fan Off, Light Off and the raise/lower (configured for the light). I'd love to have had a module capable of being a canopy for this.

Then there's the lack of a countdown timer for a bath fan... but that's another thread...

Fwiw, I'd gladly pay for both a combo fan/light module and/or something capable of acting as a canopy control for a fan.

A hybrid wall keypad where some of the buttons were configurable for fan speeds would work great with something tucked into a canopy. Shame nothing like that exists for RA2. I got around this by putting in a single gang box elsewhere (along with pulling the wire) for the 2ANF and using a 6-button hybrid to control it. It's configured so the top button turns on the light, next three are for fan high/med/low, then Fan Off, Light Off and the raise/lower (configured for the light). I'd love to have had a module capable of being a canopy for this.

Then there's the lack of a countdown timer for a bath fan... but that's another thread...

a solution i have used many times, is run a 14-3 to the fan, or replace with a 14-3 if possible, then wire the fan lead in the switch box hot, and use a Ra device to control the light. now you have the light on the system, and just use the pull chain for the fan!

L3 trick for this-
    Run the RRD2ANFxx for the fan remotely- closet, attic (not ideal). Use a hybrid keypad for the light and run a split style keypad to control the light and the fan. Still a single gang application for the wall and complete control. Does cost more, but is the cleanest way to do this.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
    Fwiw, I'd gladly pay for both a combo fan/light module and/or something capable of acting as a canopy control for a fan.
    Yes, concur completely. An RA2 canopy module is totally whats needed and a pretty obvious / glaring oversight in this system.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    L3 trick for this-
    Run the RRD2ANFxx for the fan remotely- closet, attic (not ideal). Use a hybrid keypad for the light and run a split style keypad to control the light and the fan. Still a single gang application for the wall and complete control. Does cost more, but is the cleanest way to do this.
    Interesting. Assuming it fits, could the Rrd2anf fit in the canopy in place of a canopy module?

in this case wire is already run and walls and ceiling are in place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast