Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: QS variables - strange behaviour FB behaviour

QS variables - strange behaviour FB behaviour

We have a PIR wired to the closed contact inputs on a SeeTouch keypad to operate bathroom lighting. There are four of these keypads wired like this in total. Each bathroom has a variable to track if the user has manually pressed a button on the SeeTouch. So when the lights are on disable the PIR control on the CC input to stop the lights from turning off if the user is for example taking an extended bath and the PIR is unable to track any motion for instance. So the principle is: * button [scene] press - set pir_enable = false * button [off] press - set pir_enable = true. This works fine for keypads, here's the broken bit: I also have a phantom keypad in each zone to integrate to 3rd party automation. Each Phantom has 4 scenes, off, raise & lower. If I place my tracking variable on the phantom press [scenes] (pir_disable = true) and [off] (pir_disable = false) the phantom keypad feedback stops working. For the life of me I cannot figure out why this is the case. Does anyone have any insight as to why simply placing a variable on the Phantom should break it? Pretty sure I've done this before and don't remember seeing this behaviour. Cheers. slip

Also one other point: If the room phantom scene buttons are pressed, they DO provide the correct feedback with the var in place. However if the lights are turned on by any other means, for example keypads or a global phantom that switches all rooms, then feedback is not shown.

This has been resolved by jumping through some programming loops and using conditional logic-s