Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Extremely disappointed in Lutron's customer service and the quality of these shades

Extremely disappointed in Lutron's customer service and the quality of these shades

Just thought I’d post my experience with Serena Shades and the ongoing hassle I’m experiencing with them in case others are considering them...............I posted on here a while ago, as you can see a few posts down as I was asking for shade recommendations as I use RadioRA2 in my house but wanted to self-install blinds. I was then directed to Serena which seemed perfect as I also use Caseta in the house. We had Hunter Douglas and Blinds to Go quote our entire house, but I insisted that we go with Lutron, even though my partner was sold on Hunter Douglas...............We have 35 windows in total in our home we wanted to automate. In the past 2 months, I’ve ordered 12 blinds from Lutron, spending just over $10,000 Canadian on them. I first ordered 2 shades for my master bathroom which shipped in 8 business days. I then ordered 2 windows for my master bedroom which shipped in 10. I then ordered 2 more windows for the master bedroom on March 20th, and after that, 6 windows for the kitchen...............The Lutron website, and my order confirmation says all products ship in 15 business days. After 15 business days, the order for the 2 blinds for the door still showed “Received” as the status, where all others changed to “In Production” very quickly. I emailed Lutron who responded the next day saying there’s a shortage of the fabric and that they are working on it for me, and that they’d give me overnight shipping. While appreciated, I’m in Canada, so the shades still sit in customs for a week every time anyway, so doesn’t really help me much.............The 6 windows for the kitchen all arrived last week, yet I’m still waiting on these 2 for the bedroom. When I open the ones from the kitchen, all the Lutron logos are crooked on them and just hastily slapped on. In addition, 2 of the blinds do not open and close evenly. No matter what I do in the troubleshooting, they are never even. At least 1 from each order I placed has been like this...............On April 29th, I get an email from a Claude B coming from info@serenashades.com saying we have an update, your blinds will ship on May 21st. A whole 45 business days after I placed the order, or 3x longer than their website said.............At the start of May, I responded saying that’s extremely disappointing, and that at this point my partner just wants to cancel the order and get the rest of the blinds from Hunter Douglas. I asked if there’s anything else they can do, like even a discount on a future order due to the extremely long delay. I get no response...........I wait 2 days and send another email on May 14th saying my wife ordered from Hunter Douglas and to please cancel this order as we aren’t waiting any longer. Again, no response. My wife says they probably will respond after May 21st, when they have shipped so that they can say it’s too late to cancel.............Finally, at 10pm last night, an Ashley B replies to my email saying the order has shipped early and is in transit so too late to cancel (call me shocked). She says I can request a return once I receive them though to send them back. I replied to her saying why does your website still say “In Production” as when they ship, it says shipped and shows tracking. I ask her to provide tracking by end of day Friday otherwise I’m filing a dispute with Visa...........It’s now the evening of Friday and no response. The order still shows “In Production” so it obviously has not shipped and that was nothing but a lie..........I just got off the phone with Visa who had me send them my order confirmation showing 15 business days as well as Lutron’s lack of response to emails, and they have opened a fraud dispute to get me a refund...........I’ve always had great experiences with Lutron, but this is the last straw. To take more than 3x longer than quoted on an order, and to just ignore a customer when they email for assistance, is the worst customer service you can offer. I wasn’t asking for a 50% refund, honestly a Pico remote that I forgot to order would have been enough! Every email I did get back from Lutron had attitude and zero care for the fact they delayed this order by so much. Maybe 35 windows isn’t a lot to them, but we just ordered the remaining 23 from Hunter Douglas and I will never buy another Lutron product for as long as I live, nor will I ever recommend them to anyone again. I went from a month ago telling everyone I know how much I love my new shades, to now telling them stay as far away from Lutron as possible. I’ll update this post if I ever hear back from them or to advise on how my Visa dispute turns out.............My orders with the one showing over 2 months In Production: https://imgur.com/a/9r3O3SjCrooked logo on the shades: https://imgur.com/a/3oqeCEFUneven shade (looks exactly the same when installed and 100% level. 2 of them are like this): https://imgur.com/a/uC3QQfN

Not sure wtf is wrong with this forum software but no matter what I do I cannot make my original post post properly since you keep removing all the paragraph breaks. Whatever, I'm so done with Lutron it's not even funny. Take care.

Here's the images again, man this forum software is brutal.My orders with the one showing over 2 months In Production: https://imgur.com/a/9r3O3Sj logo on the shades: https://imgur.com/a/3oqeCEF shade (looks exactly the same when installed and 100% level. 2 of them are like this): https://imgur.com/a/uC3QQfN

Lutron Technical Support
    We apologize for any issues you've been having with our Customer Service department or our shade products. Here is a temporary link with instructions on how to adjust the hembar levelness: https://lutrono365.sharepoint.com/:f...eLMqg?e=8fAa1U . This link is only active for a few days. As to your earlier complaints, I would suggest emailing customersatisfaction@lutron.com with the issues you've been having, to bring this to the attention of the supervisors.

That's great thank you so much I'll check this PDF soon. I was just going by the steps online but this definitely seems to be more in depth so hopefully that will help. Probably about 20% of all the shades I've got seem to have this issue despite being installed perfectly level. I got an email also from Lutron yesterday advising the shades have finally shipped which is good. Seems like it's normal though that orders can take 2+ months to ship even though the website says 15 business days as I was told I can't have a discount on a future order or refund on the shipping etc and that basically it is what it is, and that the best they can do is say sorry for the delay. We ended up ordering the rest of the blinds from another company (for the same price Lutron would have been but with professional installation) which is disappointing as I'd have loved to order everything from Lutron but I just couldn't fathom placing an order for 23 more shades and then have them take 2 months as well. If the customer service people had responded to emails it would be different, as I totally get that delays happen, but there's nothing worse as a customer than being ignored and having to resort to a Visa dispute just to get someone to reply to you. :)

I'd like to hear how the OP made out with HD. I will say that Lutron has been nothing short of fantastic. Yes, getting a reply from customer service is taking longer than usual but customer service has always made things right. You order a custom made shade, and once in production, there's no cancelling. Doesn't matter what company you deal with. Just because there is a fabric shortage doesn't mean the shade tube hasn't been cut. The delays mentioned by the OP are not the norm and exactly the same across all manufacturers and industries. Hello, we are in a pandemic and backorders are to be expected. Of all of the suppliers / manufacturers we have worked with, Lutron , bar none has been by far the best. Good luck with the HD shades!