Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Do raise/lower work with all SeeTouch buttons, even with dual button groups?

Question Do raise/lower work with all SeeTouch buttons, even with dual button groups?

I'd like to spec W1RLD and W4S keypads for SeeTouch keypads. These button panels both have 2 button groups, with one set of raise/lower. Is there a way to configure these so raise/lower works with all 5 of the buttons above when raise/lower is set to last button? I don't want to have to fake it by activating them as W6BRL, because then I'd have a backlight in the gap, which would not look good. And they would be wrong in the app. I recall having this issue a few years ago, but I can't recall the resolution or find an answer here. Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by miked212 View Post
    I'd like to spec W1RLD and W4S keypads for SeeTouch keypads. These button panels both have 2 button groups, with one set of raise/lower. Is there a way to configure these so raise/lower works with all 5 of the buttons above when raise/lower is set to last button? I don't want to have to fake it by activating them as W6BRL, because then I'd have a backlight in the gap, which would not look good. And they would be wrong in the app. I recall having this issue a few years ago, but I can't recall the resolution or find an answer here. Thank you in advance.
    I reactivated a keypad as a W1RLD and the raise/lower only work with the bottom button group. Has anyone found a way to make it work for both button groups?

Quote Originally Posted by miked212 View Post
    I reactivated a keypad as a W1RLD and the raise/lower only work with the bottom button group. Has anyone found a way to make it work for both button groups?
    You could try putting the keypad in the software as a 6BRL. If the group function is native to the keypad the software can't override it and probably won't let you activate it. If the group function comes from the software you will just have a 6BRL with no button 4.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    You could try putting the keypad in the software as a 6BRL. If the group function is native to the keypad the software can't override it and probably won't let you activate it. If the group function comes from the software you will just have a 6BRL with no button 4.
    Thanks Randy. That will work. There’s a bit of backlight that shines through in the gap space (because the keypad thinks it’s backlighting a button there), but a carefully cut piece of electrical tape on the back of the blank space occludes the light. Good enough.