Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TouchPRO Wireless Thermostat

TouchPRO Wireless Thermostat

Is the TouchPRO thermostat being discontinued? I tried placing an order and my supplier told me that it is being discontinued.

I don't remember seeing it in the discontinuation notices. However, I don't see it in the current price list.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    I don't remember seeing it in the discontinuation notices. However, I don't see it in the current price list.
    My suppliers told me that it WAS discontinued. Lutron suggest to use the WIFI stats. However, I have a problem because I do Integration and there is no Protocol available since I need an ID to integrate.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post Imshea.

You are correct the TouchPro (LR-HWLV-HVAC) is obsolete. With that in mind, if we need to do some integration we would suggest using the HVAC controller (LR-HVAC-1-WH) as that will get an ID for integration purposes. Hope this helps!

That is not practical for a retrofit. 1 - We will have an existing hole in the wall from the old thermostat. 2 - What do we do for local control? We will need to run new electric and cut holes in order to install seeTemp Keypads.

Seetemp keypads can run on 24V. Install the HVAC controller at the air handler, use existing thermostat wiring/location for see temp. You would just have to cut in a low volt ring and touch up. Pretty easy.

List price of a TouchPro is 450. List price of a HVAC Controller with seeTemp and sensor is 599. I quoted a job of 7 units. Major cost difference. This is a residence with custom paints. Touchups are not so simple. It would have been helpful if Lutron would have made prior announcements that they plan to discontinue the Touchpro.

Does Lutron have a real solution to replace the Touchpro? To use the HVAC controller instead is still not the same as there is a limit off 10 wireless sensors per system and each zone will now use 3 addresses instead if 1 per zone. It seems Lutron keeps on improving the Caseta/Ra2 Select and QS systems but fading out the Radio Ra2 system.
    This is creating a real issue when quoting projects that are too big for Ra2 select and does not need QS as now a big component -HVAC control- from is not available.

Does the touch pro thermostat work with the connect app?? I mentioned the story in the troubleshooting thread but the only reason why my customer wanted the connect bridge was to use the thermostat on there so I want to make sure it works or if I have to downgrade the os to 11.6 to get the Home+ app to work.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyCoog View Post
    Does the touch pro thermostat work with the connect app?? I mentioned the story in the troubleshooting thread but the only reason why my customer wanted the connect bridge was to use the thermostat on there so I want to make sure it works or if I have to downgrade the os to 11.6 to get the Home+ app to work.
    It works with the Connect App. No need to downgrade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast