Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Control HomeWorks system via Netstreams DigiLinx, need help please!

Control HomeWorks system via Netstreams DigiLinx, need help please!

I have lutron 8 series p5 processor and 8 rpm-4r modules with ControlLinx on netstreams part.
    Digilinx system is already configured and working fine.
    According to integration manual http://www.clearone.com/uploads/reso...h_DigiLinX.pdf the setup is very easy - basically, you just connect ControlLinx to lutron processor with provided cable, add serial address to buttons in digilinx dealer setup and thats it.
    Unfortunately, it does not work! I can turn lights on and off using system control feature of terminal in homeworks illumination software, but there is no reaction if I use digilinx control.I never configured lutron systems before, maybe there are some settings that I missed?
    Homeworks illumination project attached. http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...04036761814444
    Steps I took to configure:
    create new project, add new loads on load schedule screen, add enclosure, processor and rpms in panel assignment screen, assign all loads to available links in assignment screen (copy serial addresses from here to digilinx), upload config to processor.
    http://i.imgur.com/DnfNUDv.png

under programing tab in Homeworks click control station then on the right click interfaces. Under serial equipment click add. Once you set up the driver properly then click on addressing tab. Assign the driver to the proper homework's link your using.Try that

Im pretty sure you will need to reboot the processor for the new port settings to take effect

gogolya2.HDF

I couldn't find port settings for your device so I'm unsure exactly what you need the driver set up as. I did make you a phantom keypad with 2 buttons. 1:5:1:1=all on 1:5:1:2= all off

I assigned your RS232 port to link 3 on hw processor

You had all the loads assigned to the cci board on the processor not a keypad.

5. Thanks uasya thanked for this post
    Likes Ty W. liked this post
    Thank you!
    Ill try experimenting today, finnaly have time to finish this project!
    Do I need some specific driver for accepting incoming control commands from digilinx? Or just edit "digi" device and set com port settings to match ones in digilinx?
    Also Ill assign 1:5:1:1 and 1:5:1:2 address for some buttons in digilinx and if it works, Ill just add enough phantom panels for all lights

Got it working!
    Spent more than a hour playing around with settings though, **** thing is counter-intuitive!
    mcignarella gave clear instructions :) The trick was in digilinx address assignment!
    It has 3 rows - address, id and button label. First I was just entering full panel and button address in the address row (1.5.1.1 and 1.5.2.2 in my test case, notice it needs dots instead of colons), leave id row as it is and write something in label row. That didnt work!
    Instead, you need to enter panel address in the first row (1.5.1 in my case) and button number in id field! For example address 1.5.1, id 1, address 1.5.1, id 2 etc.
    Maybe it will help some poor soul :)

Happy you got it working