Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Recommendations for Bay Area Lutron installer

Recommendations for Bay Area Lutron installer

I have a large house which has an extensive (older) Insteon system, and I'm looking to upgrade and switch to a Lutron system. Any recommendations for a SF Bay Area installer who would be able to do a full-house system overhaul? Thanks!

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post Tim612.

We would recommend using our Where to Buy tool found here at https://www.lutron.com/en-US/Pages/W...buy.aspx?AID=1. You can enter your zip code and find dealers in your area. The first result would be the local rep and you give them a call for a recommendation on dealers in your area! Hope this helps!

Try Audio High, I have used them with great success in the past.

Read it

Just did training on QSX last week. No RPM support. This came up, no timeline was given.

Quote Originally Posted by spiceagent11 View Post
    Just did training on QSX last week. No RPM support. This came up, no timeline was given.
    No reply....?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post spiceagent11.

We are moving away from the RPMs and going to the DPMs in QSX. At this time we do not know if RPMs or for that matter if any of the HWQS legacy links would move over to the QSX Platform. Due to that we do not have any timetable or timeline for that. We would recommend looking into the QSX Design guide found in your myLutron account. This document will cover what is and is not supported in QSX going present and going forward.

paymydoctor

I am very very confused about QSX. I've seen the little video and description of it along with most of the tech notes on the site and it seems like its main reason for existing is to allow for Ketra lights to be integrated with it which the existing QS processor apparently can't do. It also has cloud firmware upgrades. At first, this gives the impression that it can do everything QS can do plus the Ketra and cloud firmware stuff, but then when I read the fine print, it says paymydoctor QSX can't work with RPM based systems so right off the bat, it's useless if upgrading old HWI systems, LiteTouch systems, along with every other RPM based QS systems. It has its own DIN rail type dimming module. So my questions for now is 1. Is QS being discontinued now or in the near future? 2. If you don't care about Ketra (and honestly I don't get why anybody should as it's proprietary and switches and your choice of lights work better ), is there any reason to get it over QS?

Lutron Technical Support
    Thank you for the inquiry tododi.

The HomeWorks QS system has no plans of being obsoleted. It is still a very viable system and the first choice for customer looking to upgrade from older legacy HomeWorks systems. With that in mind, HomeWorks QSX is looking to move forward with the latest technology Lutron has introduced with LQSE moduels, Ketra lighting, and integrated app control via the Lutron App (no more Connect Bridge). Legacy hardware compatibility will cease at some point and, at this point in time, that break exists with HomeWorks QSX.

Lutron says they have no plans to obsolete HQS but here are some things to keep in mind.

HQSX software started at revision 16x. HQS software is currently at revision 15.9
    I can't find the reference but I think I saw a notice that RPMs were being discontinued.

You can have DIN and RPM modules in the same project. It's going to get messy in the software and burn up a output for 1 or 2 DIN modules. Plus, Lutron does not have an approved DIN retrofit assembly.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Lutron and Audio High is all good lighting system. I'm also considering about these 2 system. By the way, you can contact them on their main official website.
    The danger of adventure is worth a thousand days of ease and comfort. fireboy and watergirl