Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Turning all lights off - best button?

Turning all lights off - best button?

I want a physical button that I can press when I leave the house, or when I go to bed that is programmable. When I go out, turns everything off, when I go to bed, leaves some fans on.I thought I could do this with scenes, but as far as I can make out, it's not possible to assign a scene to a physical button. Am I correct? If so, how else can I do this?

You can use a Pico remote. There are 2 button scene models that will do exactly what you are looking for. However, you could also use a standard Pico if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by evankirkhart View Post
    You can use a Pico remote. There are 2 button scene models that will do exactly what you are looking for. However, you could also use a standard Pico if you want.
    Thank you. I didn't know about the wide range of Picos available :)How do I assign a 5 button Pico to trigger a scene? I can see how to control a light, but not a scene.

Lutron Technical Support
    The five button Pico with the circular "Favorites" on it (PJ2-3BRL-GWH-L01), in order to set the a scene on it you have to do this manually. First set the light or lights that are paired to the remote to the level you want them to be, then press and hold the circular button for 6 seconds until the indicator light on the Pico remote flashes. You cannot assign a Scene from the app to the Pico remote. Have to do this manually as described above.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    The five button Pico with the circular "Favorites" on it (PJ2-3BRL-GWH-L01), in order to set the a scene on it you have to do this manually. First set the light or lights that are paired to the remote to the level you want them to be, then press and hold the circular button for 6 seconds until the indicator light on the Pico remote flashes. You cannot assign a Scene from the app to the Pico remote. Have to do this manually as described above.
    Thanks. This doesn't feel like I'm setting a Scene though. This is storing the dim levels for the lights assigned to the button. The Scenes are far more flexible and allow me to control any light or device in the house.For example, I have a scene that is 'Turn the whole house off' which should turn nearly all lights off and shut the blinds.