Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 3rd Party Sensors and Switches in same area

3rd Party Sensors and Switches in same area

Hi all, I'm baffling my brain a little with the logic behind programming a client's 3rd party occupancy sensors. The sensors work perfectly. They have an element of conditional programming attached, to allow for different light levels throughout different periods of the day, the client wants the light levels in these areas to be super low, 10-20% at all times when occupied. However, in the same areas, the client has Seetouch switches. On the switches, I have programmed an 'Fully Off' and a 'Fully On'. He wants these to override the Sensors for a set period of time, i.e. 5 minutes. After this period of time, lighting within this room reverts to Occupancy sensors. Does this make sense? I'm not completely sure how best to achieve this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post anthonini.

We would recommend sending in a request to hwsupport@lutron.com with the project file and requested programming setup. With that we can have our team review and see if the programming request is possible. If possible we will reply with a example database of the programming requested. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by anthonini View Post
    Hi all, I'm baffling my brain a little with the logic behind programming a client's 3rd party occupancy sensors. The sensors work perfectly. They have an element of conditional programming attached, to allow for different light levels throughout different periods of the day, the client wants the light levels in these areas to be super low, 10-20% at all times when occupied. However, in the same areas, the client has Seetouch switches. On the switches, I have programmed an 'Fully Off' and a 'Fully On'. He wants these to override the Sensors for a set period of time, i.e. 5 minutes. After this period of time, lighting within this room reverts to Occupancy sensors. Does this make sense? I'm not completely sure how best to achieve this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi.The way I'd do it, is add a variable like SensorOverride with options True / False (default).On the sensor conditional programming add a check "If SensorOverride is False then" Then on the button with full on set the variable to true, turn on the lights and to turn off the lights and set the variable to false after 5 minutes (as an automated sequence maybe). This might work, but might not. Do note that I've only been programming Lutron (and lighting in general) for two months.