Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Changing email address

Changing email address

I'm selling my house, including my Lutron Caseta switches and hub. Is there a way to change the email address associated with my account to that of the new owner without resetting the configuration of all the devices?

I found an earlier discussion of this with the following advice, so I'm quoting it here in case others do a similar search:

"When they are leaving, go to Settings > Account > Remove Account in the Caseta app. This will remove the email account linked to the bridge, but will still keep any existing programming.
    The new owner will just have to run through the "Get Started" steps to link a new email address to the current bridge and the app will then download all of the existing programming on the bridge."

Cool

I have a similar issue but your content helped me a lot to take my doubts, thank you very much.

Exactly what I needed! You just saved me several hours. Thanks!
    psiphon

That was really useful. It still didn't work for me though. I have tried most of the alternatives, but I think your best option here is to get a virtual email address specially if you are the owner of a company. Tried the Gmail enterprise baggage where are you getting to set up your own domain, but I find it extremely expensive for my budget, not to mention that I also need a virtual mailbox. I ended up using ipostal1.com because it combines both a virtual email address and the mailbox service in one package. I also like to contribute to smaller companies lately, as I find google extremely profit driven.