Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Multiple TouchPro Thermostat control at the same time - is that possible?

nobra

Multiple TouchPro Thermostat control at the same time - is that possible?

Hi,
    Could someone familiar with TouchPro thermostat help me resolve some questions? For house with 5 different zones and 5 TouchPro thermostats, how to turn on or off all of them at the same time using RadioRa2? House guests won't have the phone application , so is it possible using RadioRa2 to turn them all at the same time on or off with keypad? Which keypad could be used? Does it require any other RadioRa2 equipment?

Thanks!

It looks like you could use a seeTouch keypad to set different setpoints on each (or all) thermostat. You cannot use a keypad to turn them 'on' or 'off'. I learned this by creating a Ra2 project in 9.2 and programming a button to control the tstats. I generally do all of my programming in HWQS, which would allow for much more programming control of the thermostats.

I'm guessing that in your application you are using the app to set back the tstats, but you want to make it easy for a guest to set a comfortable temperature. Ra2 will allow you to do this with a seeTouch keypad button- a single press would be programmed to set all (or some subset) of the tstats to a predetermined setpoint.

nobra
    Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    It looks like you could use a seeTouch keypad to set different setpoints on each (or all) thermostat. You cannot use a keypad to turn them 'on' or 'off'. I learned this by creating a Ra2 project in 9.2 and programming a button to control the tstats. I generally do all of my programming in HWQS, which would allow for much more programming control of the thermostats.

I'm guessing that in your application you are using the app to set back the tstats, but you want to make it easy for a guest to set a comfortable temperature. Ra2 will allow you to do this with a seeTouch keypad button- a single press would be programmed to set all (or some subset) of the tstats to a predetermined setpoint.
    I played a little with Ra2 and noticed that I can group them and assign all to the same single button but only able to set two temperatures. No option to turn it on or off. Any other idea how this could be done in Ra2? Thanks!

I really don't think there is a way to turn it on/off, and I'm not surprised. I believe Lutron is trying their best to keep it simple- they don't want 'bad programming' to result in service calls or damaged property.
    You could probably fake 'on' and 'off' by setting the setpoints where you would think 'on' = the temperature you'd want when you are in the space & 'off' = a very high or low temperature that is unlikely to make the heating and/or cooling to kick on. For example, 'on' = 68F heat 72F cool, 'off' = 60F heat 80F cool. If you were looking to program this into seeTouch keypads, it would be 2 dedicated single action buttons.

You can always add the seeTemp keypad to the locations where you would want control. They just need to be attached to the appropriate TouchPro, a la a remote dimmer would be. User would have full control of the stat.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

nobra
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    You can always add the seeTemp keypad to the locations where you would want control. They just need to be attached to the appropriate TouchPro, a la a remote dimmer would be. User would have full control of the stat.
    What I am trying to do is to figure out how to turn On or Off all TouchPros at the same time using keypad. Thanks.

nobra
    @ digit1 - Idea from another forum is to use and adjust Away mode, which is a sort of similar with your approach. Thanks.