Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2 sections Basement wafer lights---dimmers and pico remote help

2 sections Basement wafer lights---dimmers and pico remote help

Hello....recently bought the dimmers and the pico remotes for my basement. Question is....can 2 pico remotes control the same group of lights? In my basement I have 6 ceiling wafers (all on same circuit) in the family room area and 6 in the kitchen area. I already have a typical, plain (2) 3 way switches set up so a person can turn the 2 different groups on and off from either end of the finished basement. I'm replacing the 2 switches at the family room end and the 2 at the kitchen end with Caseta dimmers and I'm going to have to put the respective picos with them. 2 dimmers at the family room end controlling the 2 different light groups and then the 2 picos to complete the 3 way set up at the kitchen end. So my lazy butt won't have to get up off the couch, do I need to buy 1 or 2 more extra pico remotes to be able to control the 2 groups of lights without having to use a phone app? As I understand it....2 pico remotes can control 1 dimmer switch, correct? I didn't know if a certain pico remote can control 2 different dimmer switches (like in my set up) and still have the ability to dim from the remote like I'm hoping or if I needed to buy 2 and have the one on the wall and the one by the couch connected (times 2). in other words...2 pico remotes for the family room lights and 2 pico remotes for the kitchen area lights...with the ability to dim from the picos that aren't mounted to the wall. Hope I'm confusing anyone. Hoping I can just buy 2 dimmers that attach to the wall in the family room and mount the respective pico remotes on the kitchen area wall and only buy 1 remote to control AND dim both light groups separately from the couch, without having to turn both groups all on or all off.

Yes to all of that. You can have 2 Pico's on the wall that control zones A and B individually. You can have a 3rd Pico on the couch that controls A & B together. There is also a 3-scene/off Pico which I believe will work with Caseta.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com