Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 2 Part. Programming Keypad LED State Control and Double-tap Programming

Exclamation 2 Part. Programming Keypad LED State Control and Double-tap Programming

Hi,
    I would like any inputs on the following subjects.

Question 1. Programming keypad LED State
    I am trying to programming two conditional buttons that selects a scene on a press but will also be used as a raise and lower after a hold. So far I have Preset 1= Scene 1, Preset 2= Set Room loads to 100% or Set Room loads to 1% depending on if I am programming the Raise button or Lower button, Preset 3= Set "Button Hold" variable to True, Preset 4= Set "Button Hold" Variable to False.
    PRESS: If "Button Hold" = False, then Select Preset 1, else Raise Preset 2
    HOLD: Execute Preset 3 (Set "button Hold" variable True)
    RELEASE: Stop/Halt Preset 2; Delay 5 sec, then execute Preset 4 (Set "Button Hold" variable False)
    So the idea is if I am in scene 4 and press then button it will select scene 1, but if I hold this button it would then raise on each press and stop raising on release.
    The part I would like to add is when I push and hold the button, I would like the LED for this button to start Flashing while I am using it as a raise, then turn back to normal after the 5 second delay is over and "button Hold" variable is set back to false. Anyone know how to do this in Homeworks Illumination or Homeworks QS?

Question 2. I think this is a bug in illumination but maybe I am wrong. Please help or clarify.
    I have one button programmed to PRESS= Master Bedroom to Scene OFF. DOUBLE TAP = Set every other room EXCEPT Master bedroom to Scene OFF (Every room is added to the double-tap programming except Master Bedroom).
    The Press programming works fine. The issue I am having is that when I double tap, the press programming is still being triggered. So if master bedroom lights are ON and I double Tap, it will turn the rest of the house off, but also still turn the Master bedroom OFF even though its not added in the Double Tap programming. I have also tried adding the Master bedroom as "Unaffected" in the double tap programming, but results are the same.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by awang View Post
    Hi,
    I would like any inputs on the following subjects.

Question 1. Programming keypad LED State
    I am trying to programming two conditional buttons that selects a scene on a press but will also be used as a raise and lower after a hold. So far I have Preset 1= Scene 1, Preset 2= Set Room loads to 100% or Set Room loads to 1% depending on if I am programming the Raise button or Lower button, Preset 3= Set "Button Hold" variable to True, Preset 4= Set "Button Hold" Variable to False.
    PRESS: If "Button Hold" = False, then Select Preset 1, else Raise Preset 2
    HOLD: Execute Preset 3 (Set "button Hold" variable True)
    RELEASE: Stop/Halt Preset 2; Delay 5 sec, then execute Preset 4 (Set "Button Hold" variable False)
    So the idea is if I am in scene 4 and press then button it will select scene 1, but if I hold this button it would then raise on each press and stop raising on release.
    The part I would like to add is when I push and hold the button, I would like the LED for this button to start Flashing while I am using it as a raise, then turn back to normal after the 5 second delay is over and "button Hold" variable is set back to false. Anyone know how to do this in Homeworks Illumination or Homeworks QS?

Question 2. I think this is a bug in illumination but maybe I am wrong. Please help or clarify.
    I have one button programmed to PRESS= Master Bedroom to Scene OFF. DOUBLE TAP = Set every other room EXCEPT Master bedroom to Scene OFF (Every room is added to the double-tap programming except Master Bedroom).
    The Press programming works fine. The issue I am having is that when I double tap, the press programming is still being triggered. So if master bedroom lights are ON and I double Tap, it will turn the rest of the house off, but also still turn the Master bedroom OFF even though its not added in the Double Tap programming. I have also tried adding the Master bedroom as "Unaffected" in the double tap programming, but results are the same.
    awang,

Thank you for the information.

1. The flashing button option might available in HWQS. You will need to set the button to defined by sequence. Then on the hold it would activate a sequence step that will have it set to flash. Then on the release it would need to change the sequence step to something different. It may get very confusing trying to track it.

2. The press programming will always execute when using a double tap. Unfortunately, this cannot be changed. To have the system respond instantly we must report the press first before the double tap would work.