Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can I control Ceiling Fan/Light with Lutron Pico Remote(s) ?

Can I control Ceiling Fan/Light with Lutron Pico Remote(s) ?

I've been working on replacing a lot of switches in our older home with Lutron switches. We have a couple rooms with ceiling fans where the switch sends power to the ceiling fan & light fixture, but they are individually controlled by pull switches. Does Lutron offer a device that can be installed in the fan to control the fan & light from a Pico Remote? Or are there third party devices that could be controlled by the Pico?

Lutron Technical Support
    There used to be a device that offered a canopy model in it however that was made obsolete. Currently all fan and light combos require separate wiring for each the fan and light. The Caseta Fan control PD-FSQN could be controlled by a fan Pico however this device still requires a neutral connection and separate wiring on the wallbox. At the moment there does not seem to be a solution involving the wiring scheme you have and a Pico remote.

Quote Originally Posted by simsrw73 View Post
    I've been working on replacing a lot of switches in our older home with Lutron switches. We have a couple rooms with ceiling fans where the switch sends power to the ceiling fan & light fixture, but they are individually controlled by pull switches. Does Lutron offer a device that can be installed in the fan to control the fan & light from a Pico Remote? Or are there third party devices that could be controlled by the Pico?
    You can control tis from the wall if you expand to a dual wall box and use a Caseta dimmer/switch and a PD-FSQN-WH Caseta fan controller (these can also be controlled by Pico remotes or scenes/schedules). Adding a bigger box is something any electrician can easily do for you - or even DIY if you are confident of your abilities. Caseta has no combined single units (but non smart Lutron Maestro does and looks ~similar - far cheaper - MACL-LFQ-WH).

Alan