Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wired Triathlon pre-wire location?

Wired Triathlon pre-wire location?

I can find the old QED pre-wire locations doc but nothing for wired Triathlon or Serena shades. It should he easy to find, even YouTube videos made by Lutron but I’m tired of searching so if anyone has a link or just recommendations I’d appreciate it! TIA
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

The motor is on the left. I normally bring the power in 4-6" from the right edge. That clears the mounting bracket but you will have to do some work inside the shade to secure the wire. As you noted, there is no info on the drives so I don't know how far from the left to bring the wire in.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Just to be clear, on an inside jamb you bring the wire out on the right side of the window 4-6” in from the right jamb and then fasten the wire somehow running to the motor on the left as far as needed. Documentation would be nice to have cuz that method is not so bad on 30” - 60” windows but I got one that’s 105” and a couple 92” and bringing wire out on the right cuz there’s not docs for these things in pretty lame. I used to love Lutron documentation but now it seem either extremely hard to find or non existent.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

I found this in another post and I don’t think this simple description was anywhere in Triathlon documentation, why? .. “The Serena and Triathlon roller shades have the drive on the left side if they are regular roll and the drive on the right side if they are reverse roll. The wired power shades come with a 15ft cable connected to them, so you should be able to put the house wires in any location and still be able to connect to them.”
    VAV
    Danbury, CT