Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Serena Power Panel Wiring

Serena Power Panel Wiring

I was able to find a video demonstrating the lutron power panel wiring to serena shades. He just stripped the wires back and used a wago connector to splice the wires together. I have purchased the power panel and 16/2 wire to run to the shades from my IT rack. However, should i go to the left or right side of the shade? I can't find how long the lead is from the shade and if it's on the left or right side.

Quote Originally Posted by poweredonav View Post
    I was able to find a video demonstrating the lutron power panel wiring to serena shades. He just stripped the wires back and used a wago connector to splice the wires together. I have purchased the power panel and 16/2 wire to run to the shades from my IT rack. However, should i go to the left or right side of the shade? I can't find how long the lead is from the shade and if it's on the left or right side.
    The shade motors are on the left (for honeycomb and regular-roll roller shades), so the 15' wire lead is on the left. For reverse-roll roller shades, it would be on the right. The wire lead is that long because it's shipped as if you're going to use a wall wart power supply. When you have in-wall wiring, you'll cut most of that off.

Also...

You'll find general recommendations about where to drop the wire inside the window jamb. My own personal recommendation: If you can wait until your shades actually arrive (to drop the wiring), do it. You're likely to get a cleaner-looking install. The reason is that you won't know your precise shade placement until you have them on site. You might end up moving it in or out (from the glass) depending on obstructions, aesthetics, etc., and you'll have a better sense of how you'll hide the wiring once you can hold it up and eyeball it.

Awesome, thanks for clearing this up! Unfortunately by the time we get the shades sheet rock will already be up, i will run it to the top left of the window jam and leave a good bit of extra wire there. Thanks again!