Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sivoia wired shade gets stuck

Sivoia wired shade gets stuck

Lutron Shade Experts,

My 2003 Sivoia wired blackout shade for home theater has been getting stuck for years. So mostly I don't use it and keep the shade down. There are left and right tracks that have hair to block light, and this hair seems to create a frictional force which causes the motor current to increase.

To open/close the shade, I have to climb a ladder and with a paper clip end I have to play with the 4 small contacts on the shade roller end, and I am getting tired of doing this.

I believe the root cause is the processor senses too much motor current and assumes the shade will tear and stops the shade motor.

I believe the motor current threshold is programmable, but my Lutron system and software are from 2003 and only has a RS-232 connector for communication and I fear an upgrade will be problematic for my system.

The Sivoia shade is controlled by a HWI-ENC-LV17-120 low voltage enclosure. Is there a dip switch setting that I can manually change to increase the motor current threshold?

If not, what have others done to fix this problem? Can the tracks of the blackout shade be widened to reduce the frictional force which will reduce the shade motor current?

Thank you

Lutron Technical Support
    There isn't anything in the enclosure to increase the current to the shade. When the shade is stuck, does the indicator LED on the shade flash any of the blink codes listed here: https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...SivoiaQED.html ?

Shades in that era sometimes had an issue with the limits changing. Sometimes they would be set a few inches apart. Sometimes directly on top of each other.

If the shade is a Roller 100, Lutron has a "Flash Tool" that will fix the limits issue. You will still need to reset the limits.

Try resetting the limits. The link below has the programming guide.

https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...ry/045038a.pdf

The LV17 probably has a contact closure interface that the theater control system uses to talk to the shade. There is nothing user adjustable on it.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com