Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sivoia QS Triathlon getting noisier

Sivoia QS Triathlon getting noisier

One of a set of three shades has become noticeably noisy over the past year. Normally the shades are very quiet, but one motor has gotten increasingly noisy; it's the normal motor noise, not any weird clicking or unexpected noise, just louder than it should be. Anything I should check from a maintenance standpoint?

Check to see if the shade is telescoping. If the house settles the shade will be come un-level and start rolling up to one side.

I'd also check inside the shade. Sometimes the stickers come loose and rub against the shade.

I've also seen the antenna rub against the shade. You will have to take the shade down to see it. You can use some double sided tape or hot glue to hold it up.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Good idea, but nothing is rubbing or telescoping. The noise is pretty clearly coming from the motor.

Lutron Technical Support
    Could you please send a video of the noise to systemsupport@lutron.com ? Also, could you include readable pictures of the labels in the headrail/battery compartment of the shade?

I have the similar problem. I can't even work in my home office. I have already soundprooffed my home office from the external noise but this one found me. So, please, when you ahve a decision, leave it here.

Lutron Technical Support
    John, we would need to see a video of the issue to determine the next steps to troubleshoot this noise issue. Could you please send a video of the noise to systemsupport@lutron.com ? Also, could you include readable pictures of the labels in the headrail/battery compartment of the shade?