Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: COMPLETELY Lost Access to MyLutron

Exclamation COMPLETELY Lost Access to MyLutron

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is well. Let me ask here for some help, since thorough Lutron Brazil Support i had no luck. I've been working as a Lutron Integrator since 2011. Have dozens of projects installed, including some very large, like Shopping Centers, both RadioRA2 and HomeworksQS. I've done my certification training on Braazi, a former Lutron Distributor in Brazil's Northeastern region. At that time, i've owned a company that doesn't exists anymore, and when that company closed doors, i was left out of it by my former partner, and all my documents, including my Lutron certificates were there. As of today, i'm still fighting in court to regain access to my personal belongings, since 2015. Until the beginning of the current year, i had full access to MyLutron's Design Tools (both RadioRA2 and HomeworksQS) as well as the RadioRA2 upgrade to Inclusive version. Yesterday, i had to format my laptop, and when i went to Lutron website to download my software, i had lost access to RadioRA2 upgrade. I've emailed Lutron Support, as i did previously, like, at least 3 to 5 times, asking them to give me back my access. Instead of fixing my access, Lutron Support removed my access entirely. I've contacted Lutron Brazil trying to solve this matter, but all they said was that, if i had done the training (and they know i had, i've dealed with the very same person a lot of times about problems with my clients), then i should send them my certificate (which i don't have access to) so they can fix the issue. The thing is, i've lost access to the design tools completely. Even my other computers that had them already installed are now saying that i don't have access to them. As i said, i have dozens of clients that i still need to give support to.As a matter of fact, i know that Lutron asks for certificate renewals every two years, but the thing is i stopped selling Lutron simply because it became a very expensive line of products the last few years, with all the monetary issues and dollar rate variations we are having in Brazil. I've only kept using the software to maintain and support my user base, as there's no other Lutron integrator in my city, and the closest one may be over 800 kilometers away from here. Now, not only i can't provide support for my clients but also i can't modify my own setup in my company and my house, both using Lutron's HomeworksQS system. The only solution Lutron Brazil gave me was to renew my Lutron certification, at a very expensive cost (over R$ 3.000,00), so i can keep giving my clients, who paid a lot of money for their systems, any kind of support.To make it worse, i have two in urgent need of support, with lots of LQSE modules burnt due to lightning strikes in the rainy seasons we're in. One of them has half of his house out of lights and i can't even diagnose the problem onsite simply because i don't have access to a piece of software.I urge you to help me in this issue. I'm with my hands completely tied.

Is it my impression, or nobody from Lutron sees this forum? Almost 78 views and not a single reply from their personal.

Yes its poorly monitored and poorly maintained. There are more spam posts than support rep posts sadly. Unfortunately calling in is your best way to get support. I dont even know why they link to this forum within the software as a valid support means.

I agree with the poorly maintained and poorly monitored. However, in my opinion, this site is intended for end users. Lutron has very good technical support and customer service systems for dealers. At least they do here in the US.

Many companies have adopted the independent programmer model. Others unofficially support it. Lutron has always flatly rejected it. Well, they did flirt with something a few years ago but it never went anywhere. The only way to get the software and maintain access to the support systems is to be affiliated with a Lutron dealer.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

that's the point, i'm not an independent programmer, i'm a Lutron dealer, and have been since 2011.

Josh seems to be the lone Lutron Employee...He's pretty awesome but they really need more people