Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF Lutron - I can't add new devices or customize my setup anymore?

Angry WTF Lutron - I can't add new devices or customize my setup anymore?

I recently added a few dimmers to my house and decided to add them to my RadioRa setup using the software. I installed one of the newer RDD-PRO-WH switches and found that It was impossible to add it to my system with the version of the software that I had (version ~10 I think). So I found that there was an upgrade for version 12, I downloaded and installed it and noticed that it's missing the functionality to activate and deploy changes to my main repeater! After some more research I found that I needed to complete level 2 training which costs $650 enrollment. WTF? Why is this functionality being gated from me? I'm basically SOL on adding anything new to my system because the only working version of the software available to me doesn't have the new hardware in it. I feel like Lutron is basically a scam at this point.

I agree that the separation between Level 2 and Level 1 is an irrational joke at this point. It can’t even really be about revenue for them either since they send you $1500 worth of equipment for that enrollment fee and lets face it, anyone going through the hassle of Level 2 is going to spend/sell wall more than that.

Now that they have moved Level 2 all online anyway, they really ought to just do it like L1 with perhaps a slightly more rigorous exam and maybe activation of a “real” system as part of the process.

I think its pretty obvious at this point that Caseta is driving most, if not all of any revenue growth which is why we are seeing RA2 skipped with new product being pushed out up or down stream.

They’re going to end up having to push all the pros into HW and just make RA2 a more advanced DIY option or just phase it out. The Caseta, RA Select, Ra2 Essentials, Ra2 Inclusive separation is so muddy at this point it defies logic.

With Level 1 you can still upload to a main repeater. It sounds like you are not logged into the software. If you do that the activate and transfer tabs will reappear. The only difference between level 1 and 2 is the ability to use Grafik T and two main repeaters.

Quote Originally Posted by evankirkhart View Post
    With Level 1 you can still upload to a main repeater. It sounds like you are not logged into the software. If you do that the activate and transfer tabs will reappear. The only difference between level 1 and 2 is the ability to use Grafik T and two main repeaters.
    Are you sure? I'm logged in and I don't have those options.

I'm logged inm

I'm logged in, it has my name in the top right. I've logged out and re-logged in as well. I still only have the two "Design" and "Program" tabs. I'd really love to be wrong about this because I like Lutron products. screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/tWu79Mn.png

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello! We strongly advise contacting myLutron through mylutronsupport@lutron.com. They'll be able to help verify your account status and get you up and running. It sounds you're currently running software that doesn't have a license. For further support, please call us at 1-888-Lutron1 (588-7661).

Your MyLutron account needs to have its permissions updated. Contact the email Jonathan listed.

Ok - it was my bad. I needed to reach out via Email to gain access to the "Activate" and "Transfer" tabs of the software. Thanks guys!

Do we all (level 1s) need to email to gain access to activate/transfer after upgrading to the latest v12 software? Or did you do something to disable tabs?

Shouldn't. It should transfer from the learning portal to mylutron automatically. Occasionally it seems like something doesn't work and it needs to be done manually by support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast