Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Caseta replacement for ON-OFF-ON wall switch to Somfy shades?

Caseta replacement for ON-OFF-ON wall switch to Somfy shades?

I know someone here knows how to do this simply. Just want to replace a 3 position SPDT center-off wall switch, with a Caseta + Pico, to control a 120V Somfy shade with its own top & bottom limits. It seems clear that Lutron doesn't make a wireless SPDT switch but is there a trick to making this work? It's great that Lutron sells a shade-style Pico, the PJ2-3BRL, but all the open/close/raise/lower/favorite logic is sucked up into the proprietary Lutron shade itself. This is all retrofit so no fair rewiring, maybe a larger wall box would be okay. To restate, all I really want is a way to supply 120V UP, 120V DOWN, and OFF to the Somfy wire. Would also be nice to have RAISE (momentary up) and LOWER (momentary down) but that's not essential. Any ideas? Many thanks for any creative options, - Dave R.

I wouldn’t expect a miracle here. I have not seen or heard of anything like what you are talking about in use successfully. I’d recommend sticking with non-system capability or going to a Lutron shade.

Lutron Technical Support
    There isn't any known way to do this with a Caseta switch. If it's possible for you change the shade the Somfy to a wired Serena roller (may not be possible due to shade size), you could use the existing wall wires for the Serena shade and put the Pico remote in place of the wall switch.

Thank you Evan, thank you Brian:Well that's not very encouraging. I may consider building a Raspberry Pi solution but that's a lot of components, and since we're talking about four big shades (15-20 ft) it may not be worth it.