Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sunrise/Sunset programming question

Question Sunrise/Sunset programming question

Maybe this is obvious, but when I select the Sunrise/Sunset setting, the app shows "At sunrise" above and below.
    When I click Next and pick my lights, do I tell them to turn off or on?

To me, it would been less confusing if the scene were called Sunset/Sunrise and asked us which lights to turn on.

Also, what does Live preview do?

Thx

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,

When lights should turn on and off automatically in the Lutron app two schedules must be created. If the lights were to come on at sunset, please ensure those devices are checked off and the state at which they should turn on at is defined (tell them to turn on). Then, for them to come off at sunrise another schedule must be created. Make sure those same devices are checked off and state OFF underneath them!

You can choose what you want the lights to do. You may want light A to turn on to 50%, B to 75% and C to turn off. For example, at midnight, you may want to turn some lights off and some lights down.

Keep in mind you will need one event to turn the lights on and one to turn them off.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks Brandon & Randy for your replies. Still a little unclear.

Based upon the scene's "Sunrise/Sunset" name, I thought I would pick the lights and the app would turn them on & off ay sunset & sunrise. But sounds like that's only half right. How do I create the second schedule? By creating a second Sunrise/Sunset scene? Why isn't that built into this one so it turns them on and off (or is it, and I'm just not seeing it)?

I'm still unclear on what to do. Thanks for explaining!

Lutron Technical Support
    Each schedule can only execute one action for each device that is programmed to a schedule, e.g. turn a dimmer on to 50% light level, turn a switch off, set a fan control to medium speed, etc. To return the device to its previous state (say from on to off), a second schedule must be created. So, to create a daily sunset-to-sunrise schedule you need to create 2 schedules: (for this example we'll assume we are working with exterior landscape light)
    Schedule 1: Name: "Exterior Landscape Lights On" Days: Everyday Time of Day: At Sunset Device(s): Exterior Landscape Lights Level: 100%/On
    Schedule 2. Name: "Exterior Landscape Lights Off" Days: Everyday Time of Day: At Sunrise Device(s): Exterior Landscape Lights Level: 0%/Off

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan K. View Post
    Each schedule can only execute one action for each device that is programmed to a schedule, e.g. turn a dimmer on to 50% light level, turn a switch off, set a fan control to medium speed, etc. To return the device to its previous state (say from on to off), a second schedule must be created. So, to create a daily sunset-to-sunrise schedule you need to create 2 schedules: (for this example we'll assume we are working with exterior landscape light)
    Schedule 1: Name: "Exterior Landscape Lights On" Days: Everyday Time of Day: At Sunset Device(s): Exterior Landscape Lights Level: 100%/On
    Schedule 2. Name: "Exterior Landscape Lights Off" Days: Everyday Time of Day: At Sunrise Device(s): Exterior Landscape Lights Level: 0%/Off
    This helps,

Thanks!