Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta Smart Bridge Pro 2 - Fade Time with Scenes - Lutron Integration Protocol

Question Caseta Smart Bridge Pro 2 - Fade Time with Scenes - Lutron Integration Protocol

My application uses a PIR sensor to set a Lutron Caseta "Active" scene based on motion, then another "Idle" scene when a timer expires. Using the Lutron Integration Protocol, I'm calling the two scenes using a #DEVICE command. My goal is more gradually fade the included dimmers down/off when the "Idle" scene is called, ideally without managing individual dimmer commands.I know I can easily set a fade time for a single dimmer using an #OUTPUT command, but is it possible to call a scene and include a fade time using the #DEVICE command?Also, is there any Lutron Protocol doc that specifically lists what is/is not supported by Caseta devices? It appears a fair amount of the RA2-supported commands work, but not all. Having a clear list would be helpful.Thanks!

Hello, as I know, the Lutron Integration Protocol does not support directly specifying a fade time when calling a scene using the #DEVICE command. The #DEVICE command is primarily used to activate or deactivate scenes, and it does not provide fine-grained control over individual dimmers or their fade times. Therefore, if you want to achieve a gradual fade for the included dimmers when the "Idle" scene is called, I think you should manage the individual dimmer commands separately. You can send a series of #OUTPUT commands to gradually fade down/off the dimmers over a specified duration. For example, you can send multiple #OUTPUT commands with decreasing light levels at regular intervals until the desired fade time is reached.
    - Sean - online games

Quote Originally Posted by seanwest View Post
    Hello, as I know, the Lutron Integration Protocol does not support directly specifying a fade time when calling a scene using the #DEVICE command. The #DEVICE command is primarily used to activate or deactivate scenes, and it does not provide fine-grained control over individual dimmers or their fade times. Therefore, if you want to achieve a gradual fade for the included dimmers when the "Idle" scene is called, I think you should manage the individual dimmer commands separately. You can send a series of #OUTPUT commands to gradually fade down/off the dimmers over a specified duration. For example, you can send multiple #OUTPUT commands with decreasing light levels at regular intervals until the desired fade time is reached.
    Which I’ve done since before even posting this, years ago. Lutron support said they’d pass this request on to product management , who obviously chose to not implement such a standard smart lighting capability.

In any case, I’ve since migrated to mostly Zigbee for my primary lighting systems, which provide
    precise color/temperature control and native device grouping and dynamic transition time support when recalling scenes.