Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 3-way switching and engraving questions

3-way switching and engraving questions

I have a lighting system with no neutral and am considering Caseta. I had a play with the system at the weekend am so far looks really promising. 2 questions so far:1 - I have a few 3 way lighting circuits and am a little puzzled as to how to set these up. Would I use 3 x light dimmers, or 1 master and 2 x picos?2 - I want to use 2 button switches for the fans but they have light symbols on them which would be confusing. Can I get these custom engraved with a fan symbol and if so, would it still have the light symbol on it - which would be even more confusing :)

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello. Please see the advanced install guide that will help you with these questions. https://www.casetawireless.com/Docum...ced%20Inst.pdf In a 4-way you would use 1 master and two Pico remotes. At this time there are no switches made with the Fan icon. Just lights. You may want to call customer service to see if that is an option.

Thanks, the 3/4 way is all much clearer now.Re fans. Support have confirmed that the only fan option is the 4 button fan switch. There is no 2 button fan switch and the only thing that can be engraved is the Pico and they don't have a fan icon anyway (which seems really strange)

Lutron will engrave Claro wall plates if you want them to.

About Engraving / Icons

Yes, Lutron has been lacking on its Icons for Caseta. Especially in the mobile App. I use the Caseta App extensively, and would Love some additions to the ICONS. I have over 30 Dimmers / Devices I am controlling currently, and am doubling up on some of the ICONS. The 37 current ICONS overlap a lot. It would be nice to have a "Picture Frame", "Lava Lamp", more LED references, X-Mas Wreath, Garland.