Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lutron Maestro Fan/Dimmer Lights only turn on when Fan is off

Lutron Maestro Fan/Dimmer Lights only turn on when Fan is off

I installed a Lutron Maestro Fan/Light Control MACL-LFQ and put compatible LED bulbs in the ceiling fan. The first day everything worked great until I shut off the breaker to fix another outlet in the room. After I turned the breaker back on, the light control would not turn the lights on while the fan was running. Once the lights were on, they could be dimmed and turned off, but would not turn back on until the fan was turned off.Indicator lights were blinking and I was not sure if this meant there was a problem, so I uninstalled the switch today.I contacted Lutron support and received an email suggesting I try a "different" LED bulb, even though the ones I used were listed as compatible.Any idea why the lights would not turn on unless the fan was off?

We are sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with your MACL-LFQ. With the issue that is now occurring we would suggest to troubleshoot with an incandescent or halogen bulb to see if the issue persists with a filament based, non LED load. That way we can pinpoint the issue. If you are still looking for assistance please email support@lutron.com or for over the phone technical assistance please call 1-844-LUTRON1 (588-7661).

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy B. View Post
    We are sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with your MACL-LFQ. With the issue that is now occurring we would suggest to troubleshoot with an incandescent or halogen bulb to see if the issue persists with a filament based, non LED load. That way we can pinpoint the issue. If you are still looking for assistance please email support@lutron.com or for over the phone technical assistance please call 1-844-LUTRON1 (588-7661).
    Thank you, Dorothy for your response. There is no issue presently with 3 incandescent 40 W bulbs in place. The problem occurred with these bulbs: Cree A19 100 Watt equivalent 2700 K Model # TA19-16027MDFH25-12DE26-1-11 but only after I turned off the breaker.What would you suggest I try next?

With what you have shared while it seems the issue started to occur after turning off the breaker, with the issue not occurring with the incandescents in place, it pinpoints there is potentially a compatibiltiy issue. While we have tested this LED, LED manufacturers will do new runs of an LED and make changes to it, thus it is not the same LED as before but uses the same model number. We would suggest to reach out to the manufacturer and see if they have done any recent runs of the LED and if they have made any changes to it. If you have any other questions our tech support team can be reached at support@lutron.com and 1-844-LUTRON1(588-7661).