Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade to 9.2

Upgrade to 9.2

I upgraded my Radio RA2 essentials designer program from 8.0 to 9.2. Now I cannot find the top menu items Activate and Transfer. I can see Design and Program. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? They still show in the 8.0 program. Thanks

You've downloaded the 'designer' program, which means you can design a system but you can't activate it or program it. I don't have a need for this, I believe it's intended for salespeople.
    If you go back to your source and look for Ra2 essentials WITHOUT the designer label, you should find the program you need. Your 8.0 Ra2 isn't the 'designer' version and that's why all 4 menu items are present.

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    You've downloaded the 'designer' program, which means you can design a system but you can't activate it or program it. I don't have a need for this, I believe it's intended for salespeople.
    If you go back to your source and look for Ra2 essentials WITHOUT the designer label, you should find the program you need. Your 8.0 Ra2 isn't the 'designer' version and that's why all 4 menu items are present.

It kept prompting me to upgrade. The 8.0 version was working fine but you know how they are always hassling you to upgrade everything. Do you know what the most current release of the RA2 essentials program is? Is it still 8.0 (I could just keep using my old version) or is there a version 9.x that is what I need. Thanks

I think that I found what I need. Thank you for getting back to me.

Glad you found it. Generally I only upgrade a program because:
    - the newer OS has a patch for a problem in the software that I need fixed.
    - the newer OS has newer hardware or software features that a new project requires.

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    Glad you found it. Generally I only upgrade a program because:
    - the newer OS has a patch for a problem in the software that I need fixed.
    - the newer OS has newer hardware or software features that a new project requires.
    I agree. If it ain't broken, don't fix it. All set now. Thanks for the help.

Is it just me, or does 9.2 seem to have more trouble doing transfers? I was on 8.something before and had it happen a few times. That is, when transferring it would time-out at the end, usually around 97-99%. Everything seemed to have completed, the lights flashed, as expected and all new programming made it. But since I upgraded to 9.2 it's failing to complete much more often than not. It seems to complete, in that all the new programming functions, but I have to Cancel the transfer. The machine in question hasn't had any OS changes (windows 7 x64) and is wired straight into the same network switch as the main repeaters (two of them, 97 devices on one, 30 on the other).

I can 'live with it' but it does seem strange.

No issues here on Mac running Win 8 via Parallels with bridged networking to WiFi.

No issues running 9.2 on Windows 10. I do only use that laptop for Lutron, though.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I forgot I am using 10, not Win 8. Oh, Microsoft... It did work on 8 though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast