Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Delete a switch from my RA2 System

Delete a switch from my RA2 System

Hi, I'm a homeowner and had a Lutron RA2 system installed by the electrician in 2013. I'd like to remove a Lutron switch that controls an outdoor floodlight so the floodlight (with motion detection) remains on. I don't have access to the programming software but is that necessary? Can I simply remove the switch without impacting the rest of my RA2 controlled switches? Thanks for any advice on how to best do this.

Mark

You can physically remove the switch. If you transfer new programming in the future without removing the switch from the software, you will get an error that the device was not found, but the rest of the system will work. It would be preferable to take the online course and get the Essentials software and remove the device from your system in the software as well as physically. However, I’m not sure what the code is on having a hardwired light, and you may want to be able to turn off the light sometime in the future. A better solution may be to create a schedule that turns the switch on at sundown every day. That way if it was accidentally switched off, it will turn on again before you need it. You don’t need an off schedule if you want it on all the time. You can create a schedule on the homeowner app.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffw View Post
    However, I’m not sure what the code is on having a hardwired light, and you may want to be able to turn off the light sometime in the future. A better solution may be to create a schedule that turns the switch on at sundown every day. That way if it was accidentally switched off, it will turn on again before you need it. You don’t need an off schedule if you want it on all the time. You can create a schedule on the homeowner app.
    That's a good point. I'll install a regular switch and use a switch protector to keep in the on position. Where do I find the course and software you mentioned? Thanks for your help!

On the Lutron Website, register for myLutron. Once you're registered, in the myLutron website you'll find the software and online training.