Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta Dimmer stopped working - 2 rapidly flashing green lights on switch

Exclamation Caseta Dimmer stopped working - 2 rapidly flashing green lights on switch

Lights turned themselves off, on, off, on - then permanently off. The switch has two rapidly flashing green led lights. Tried performing the factory reset, even removed the light from the Lutron App on my phone. The app does not see the switch and the switch does not respond to setup.

Lutron Technical Support
    Do you know what the model number of the dimmer is? You can find this on the side of the dimmer and it will start with "PD". Also, what are the two indicator lights that are flashing? They are labeled 1-7 with 1 starting on the bottom. We have seen this kind of issue pop up when using some LED lamps that are incompatible, have you tried using a different lighting load to see if that was causing the dimmer to display that blink code?

Light seven and four flashing

I have multiple caseta dimmer switches that have no response and flashing green LED on the dimmer. The flashing green lights are 4 & 7. I have not gotten it to respond out of the box. I have tried a factory reset and nothing. I have tried to use a lamp that is working on a program ed dimmer and it didn’t help. I read about changing the type of dimming on the switch, but can’t find the instructions again. Can anybody help?

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello ElectricRob,

Can you please provide the model number of the Caseta dimmer? This can be found on the side of the unit, packaging, or installation guide. Also, what load type is it being used with (LED, incandescent, halogen, etc.), and how much wattage? If LED, please provide the model number of the bulb/fixture. Finally, are any low voltage transformers being used?

Pd-10nxd-wh

It is a model PD-10NXD-WH. It is a LED 100W equivalent from Home Depot. This particular switch controls only (2) recessed cans. Looking at the lamp box they are non-dimmable. Will that effect the switch being able to still turn it on and off.?

Lutron Technical Support
    Yes, when utilizing any Caseta dimmer the fixturesmust be dimmable. This is because the control dims up to on and down to off. Either the PD-10NXD can be replaced with a PD-6ANS on/off switch or the fixtures need to be replaced with dimmable LEDs. A list of compatible LED fixtures can be found here: LED Compatibility Tool | Lutron