Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Assistant Lutron Integration

Home Assistant Lutron Integration

Anyone using Home Assistant/Lutron RadioRa2(Not select)? Devices are going into HA as a switch or Light...no consistency.

I am. What's going on?

You can ask questions by filing a Github issue here: https://github.com/thecynic/pylutron/issues

The general logic is:
    - Dimmable loads are added as lights
    - Non dimmable loads are added as a switch

And yes, it's possible you have lights on a switch, but there's insufficient information in the Lutron config to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by horshack View Post
    You can ask questions by filing a Github issue here: https://github.com/thecynic/pylutron/issues

The general logic is:
    - Dimmable loads are added as lights
    - Non dimmable loads are added as a switch

And yes, it's possible you have lights on a switch, but there's insufficient information in the Lutron config to know that.
    Technically, the DbXmlInfo.xml file from the repeater CAN tell you what's on an OutputType, but the pylutron library that HA uses doesn't differentiate. If it's NON_DIM then HA imports it as a Switch. But if it's a NON_DIM_INC, NON_DIM_ELV, etc, then HA imports them as a Light.

You control the OutputType that gets set for each device using the Ra2 software and the details on the load assigned to it (switched using LED, Fluorescent, MLV, ELV). The trouble is if you have a device that should not be dimmed then you really don't want to allow it to be dimmed. Sure, it's a "light" in the human sense of things, but in HA they seem to think a "light" has to be something that is dimmable.

It's kind of annoying in HA that things that are just on/off aren't easily configured as a "light" within HA. I'm only marginally familiar with HA so I don't know why this is so, or how to 'get around it'.

I have used it but I found it had issues from time to time. Usually during upgrades. I now use a Hubitat and it is rock solid; though you must have a Hub Pro for Caseta.

Did they ever add any decent importing/updating for Ra2 into Hubitat? Does it support timeclock events?

Quote Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
    Did they ever add any decent importing/updating for Ra2 into Hubitat? Does it support timeclock events?
    Lutron devices still have to be added to Hubitat manually by ID under the Lutron Integration tab. The main repeater integration ID should be setup as a "k" keypad

Timeclocks are able to be called from Hubitat Rules (Rule Machine) using sendMsg.

The main repeater integration ID with the timeclock events should be setup as a "k" keypad
    Then Create new action -> Set Variable, Mode or File, Run Custom Action -> Run Custom Action -> Actuator -> Lutron Telnet - sendMsg -> string and then the string value calls the timeclock....

#TIMECLOCK,<ID>,<SET=1>,<MODE>

Here's what the action should look like: sendMsg('#TIMECLOCK,11,1,3') on Lutron Telnet

That all said, if you're all in with Hubitat then it's best to ditch Lutron's timeclock all together as Hubitat does scheduling/rules much more robustly.

8. Likes BillD liked this post
    One of the best parts of Hubitat is that RadioRA 2 questions actually get answered on the forum. Questions on Home Assistant forum don't. Hubitat's built in lighting automation apps have really increased in capability and usability too.

Home-Assistant switch to light conversion.

I had a similar issue with lutron non-dimmable switches. Go to Helpers under Devices and Services, and there is a wizard ("Change device type of switch") that will convert your switches to lights so they will be consistent with your other lutron dimmable switches.

This Forum needs more activity. Hubitat is an excellent Forum for help with Lutron.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast