Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home Assistant Lutron Integration

Quote Originally Posted by dummptyhummpty View Post
    I am. What's going on?
    I just setup a HA server and it found my Lutron Connect-BDG2 that is connected to my RA2 main repeater but that is as far as I was able to go? What else do I need to do to get my lights working with HA? (new to HA)

I have found that the Hubitat hub is better for new users than Home Assistant. HA is great if you want to really spend a lot of time learning and understanding everything at a raw level.

Thanks for the reply. I currently do not have the funds for a hub but had an old ThinkPad T520 sitting around collecting dust so decided to be kind to the planet and cycle-up the laptop to a HA server. It seems to be doing a great job and I am learning all about DASHBOARD customization. I did investigate SmartThings and HA and Hubitat and decided HA was best for me as it is very customizable, and I like programming as I have previous programming experience.

It is a great platform. You will need to put energy in to it.

Quote Originally Posted by silverton View Post
    It is a great platform. You will need to put energy in to it.
    Yeah, but since I am retired and have nothing better to do all day.. :-)

I am actually from Pennsylvania not far from Coopersburg where Lutron HQ is and had many of training courses there. Freind of mine worked there for a while but has since left Lutron so I now don't have a brain to pick there anymore :-(

I am now living down in Jardin Colombia in South America, so I am my only support tech now. But with internet and YouTube it is pretty easy to pick anything up.

I was hoping dummptyhummpty was still around on here as he seems to have gotten it working but will keep trying over at the HA forums and hopefully will be able to get it all working.

The learning continues!!!

Youtube is your best resource for HA.

Quote Originally Posted by silverton View Post
    Youtube is your best resource for HA.

I used YouTube for setting up HA on the laptop and then setting up a Docker for the Wyze Bridge and now have all my Wyze cameras and switches working perfectly. Will soon have the Alarm System setup on HA also, so making good progress! The only issue at this time is the Lutron RA2. On YouTube there are videos for setting up Lutron RA2 select and Caseta but I am not seeing a thing about the RA2 intergration with HA.... but I will keep on searching! Something is sure to show up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12