Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scene and Geofencing.

Scene and Geofencing.

I have a scene that is set for geofencing for when I arrive home at night to have some of the lights come on. It is set for only to activate after sunset. Well tonight I have been home for most of the afternoon but tonight the lights went on but I was in the house with my phone. How come the scene activated when it is set in the geofencing to only come on when I arrive home after sunset?

Lutron Technical Support
    Are you the only person in the house that is using geofencing on the system, or is there a second (or more) person that also uses geofencing?
    Is this on an iPhone or Android device?

Yes as of now i am the only person in the house. it is an iPhone.

Lutron Technical Support
    It depends on the GPS accuracy of your iPhone.

Here's Apple's suggestions to improve GPS accuracy: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203033

To use multiple people on the system, do you have them log in under the same Id or can they log in as a different user? If they log in as a separate user, does the system know when everyone is gone or does it just fire a scene every time someon returns?

Thanks. I am the only one on the system. They just went on now. I just happen to be home. Strange. None of the scenes are checked so I have no idea why they went on.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake0508 View Post
    To use multiple people on the system, do you have them log in under the same Id or can they log in as a different user? If they log in as a separate user, does the system know when everyone is gone or does it just fire a scene every time someon returns?
    To have multiple people log into the same bridge, they all have to use the same email address and password.

Lutron Technical Support
    Thanks. I am the only one on the system. They just went on now. I just happen to be home. Strange. None of the scenes are checked so I have no idea why they went on.

Squill,

If the lights are turning on, and there are no scenes set to geofencing, and no scheduled scenes at the time, then could you please send us a Feedback file (Settings > Help > Send Feedback) while you are on the local Wifi, the time the lights came on when they weren't supposed to come on, and the name of the lights that came on?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post

Squill,

If the lights are turning on, and there are no scenes set to geofencing, and no scheduled scenes at the time, then could you please send us a Feedback file (Settings > Help > Send Feedback) while you are on the local Wifi, the time the lights came on when they weren't supposed to come on, and the name of the lights that came on?

I just sent it. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    To have multiple people log into the same bridge, they all have to use the same email address and password.

So if my fiancé and I both have the app set up with the same email an password, will the bridge know when only one of us leaves or will it run the goodbye scene even though my fiancé is still home?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast