Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple iCloud accounts

Multiple iCloud accounts

We recently signed up for Family Sharing and each have separate iCloud usernames/accounts.

I am in the process of putting together a purchase list of Caseta Items.

However, before I commit, I need to know if the the system is able to utilize multiple iCloud accounts. i.e. will my wife and kids be able to use their i-devices through HomeKit as well?

Also, I am getting conflicting answers as to whether I need the Pro version of the bridge to integrate with Harmony Ultimate Home Remote, or will the non-pro version work?

Thanx in advance!

There is a way to share your home data with another iCloud account. You don't need any hardware to test that - just download any app supporting HomeKit (not Caseta) to create initial home data, and then play around some with iOS Settings > HomeKit, you should see there "Invite People" option.

Coolness. Thanx

I am guessing that after several attempts at starting, stopping, reloading, resetting, rebooting and re-configuring each device in various orders, it might actually work;)

It sounds like it can be done, tho?

Lutron Technical Support
    Yes, you can have multiple iCloud accounts use HomeKit on one system. You would have to start with the account that initially set up the Caseta system. From the app, go into Settings > Siri Integration > Edit Home & Users and choose "+ Add User". It will ask you for the email address of the person you want to add to HomeKit on your system.

Thanx Brian!

This post has been a while but I have a question. I am trying to setup up the Caseta system on my wife's IPhone. I went into Siri Integration and user management and invited her, but then what? On her phone I see no email or anything like that as an invite. What am I supposed to be looking for on the invite so she can use the system? I apologize if this was answered in another thread but I did a lot of searching and found nothing else.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Millium735 View Post
    This post has been a while but I have a question. I am trying to setup up the Caseta system on my wife's IPhone. I went into Siri Integration and user management and invited her, but then what? On her phone I see no email or anything like that as an invite. What am I supposed to be looking for on the invite so she can use the system? I apologize if this was answered in another thread but I did a lot of searching and found nothing else.
    She should get an email invite on her phone. It may show up in the Settings of her phone instead of email.

If she hasn't received anything, try inviting her from HomeKit itself. On your iPhone go to Settings > HomeKit > (Name you called your system), select "Invite People" and add her email address. If she STILL doesn't receive the invitation, you'll need to contact Apple.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Also note that the email address used in the invitation must be her iCloud account on her phone. The phone also needs to be running iOS 9 or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric H. View Post
    Also note that the email address used in the invitation must be her iCloud account on her phone. The phone also needs to be running iOS 9 or later.
    She has IOS 9.3 on an IPhone 6 with her ICloud account being the email I sent the invite to. Does she need to have the Lutron of some other app on her phone? As of now, the Lutron app on my phone says invited but nothing on hers that I can find anywhere.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    She has IOS 9.3 on an IPhone 6 with her ICloud account being the email I sent the invite to. Does she need to have the Lutron of some other app on her phone? As of now, the Lutron app on my phone says invited but nothing on hers that I can find anywhere.
    Try removing the account and sending the invitation again. As soon as you send the invitation she should see a message pop-up on the main screen of her phone with the option to accept the invitation.

Also need to make sure that iCloud Keychain is enabled on both phones (off by default, I believe). This can be set in the iCloud settings on the phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast