Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple iCloud accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Eric H. View Post
    Try removing the account and sending the invitation again. As soon as you send the invitation she should see a message pop-up on the main screen of her phone with the option to accept the invitation.

Also need to make sure that iCloud Keychain is enabled on both phones (off by default, I believe). This can be set in the iCloud settings on the phone.
    On my phone I know Keychain is on and on hers I believe it is as well though I will have to verify it tonight when she gets home. I have cancelled the invite and sent it 3 or 4 times thinking that might reset it and properly send it. Is that what you are talking about when you say remove the account and send the invite again?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Yes. In the Lutron app go to the Settings menu, then Siri Integration > Edit Home & Users > User Management > (select her iCloud account in the list of People) > Stop Sharing.

Yes. In the Lutron app go to the Settings menu, then Siri Integration > Edit Home & Users > User Management > (select her iCloud account in the list of People) > Stop Sharing.
    When I go under Edit Home and Users, it takes me to the People screen with the Invite People option and no one listed since I once again purged the invite to my wife.

Ok. Once you've verified that iCloud Keychain is enabled on her phone try the invite again (either from the Lutron app or the HomeKit menu on your phone). If it still doesn't work try to see if you can reset the HomeKit configuration on her phone (Settings > Privacy > HomeKit > Reset HomeKit Configuration).

Ok. Once you've verified that iCloud Keychain is enabled on her phone try the invite again (either from the Lutron app or the HomeKit menu on your phone). If it still doesn't work try to see if you can reset the HomeKit configuration on her phone (Settings > Privacy > HomeKit > Reset HomeKit Configuration).
    Here was the odd part. On the Lutron app on her phone, I signed in with my user ID as I assume that is what I need to do since you cannot create multiple accounts with the bridge, correct? That being the case, when I logged into the Lutron app on her phone, I see all the lights and scenes though not the Nest thermostats and Siri says it does not see a device available to control. So, no voice control but manual control in the app works and the most odd part is that Homekit is not showing in her settings.

Correct. You can only have one login account associated with your smart bridge, so that's how you would log in to the Lutron app on other devices. Thermostat integration happens via the cloud and is added to the app on a phone by phone basis. If you open the Lutron app on your wife's phone, select Add Device, and then choose the Nest thermostat, it will also show up on her phone.

I'm not quite sure what's going on with HomeKit, though. Something you might want to try is to set up HomeKit again from your wife's phone, then try to add your iCloud account as a user. Here's what you would need to do in order to do this.

1. On your phone go into iOS Settings > Privacy > HomeKit > Reset HomeKit Configuration (for the Lutron app). This will reset the HomeKit settings on your phone.
    2. Press and hold the black button on the back of your smart bridge for 20 seconds (LED ring will flash rapidly). This will reset the HomeKit settings on the bridge, and also reset the network settings.
    3. Open the Lutron app on your wife's phone, go to Siri Integration and follow the steps in the app to add a Home, Rooms, Zones, etc. like you did before.
    4. Test to see if Siri works from your wife's phone, and if it does add your iCloud account as a user and see if you get the invitation.

Let me know if that helps at all.

I just assumed that since I had already integrated Nest into the Lutron app on my phone, it would naturally migrate to the app on her phone like all the switches did. Is that an incorrect assumption? I will go into Privacy and check the Homekit settings tomorrow as my wife will not be home until later tonight from work. Depending on what I find will determine taking the steps you outlined. Thank you again for your insight and knowledge it is most appreciated.

Beyond this little hiccup, I have so far loved the system. I have now installed 8 different switches/dimmers and all but one works pretty flawlessly except one. I have one PD-10NXD installed currently in a 3-way configuration with a mechanical switch. The switches within the wall work fine and manual control in the app works fine but getting Siri to control it is another discussion. Siri says it does not see it, if you will, and when I say to turn on all lights, they all come on except that PD-10NXD. Initially when I first installed it a few days back it worked fine, but a few days later no longer will it be controlled by Siri consistently.

I have not permanently located the bridge yet and it is not in a central location as of yet, so I theorized that maybe range was an issue but that went out the window when I installed three other different switch types that are farther away and work flawlessly with Siri. Now what is odd is that when I specifically request Siri to turn on that specific room or fixture or turn on the zone it is in, it works, but if I tell Siri to turn on all lights or turn them all of, it does nothing. Anything obvious I am missing here?

Only another 42 switches to go.

Lutron Technical Support
    For your Siri issue, you could try deleting that dimmer from the app, and then adding it in again.

As to your Nest question, since Nest communication is app/cloud based and not directly Caseta bridge based, you'll need to add the Nest devices to the app on every phone that wants to control Nest.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    For your Siri issue, you could try deleting that dimmer from the app, and then adding it in again.

As to your Nest question, since Nest communication is app/cloud based and not directly Caseta bridge based, you'll need to add the Nest devices to the app on every phone that wants to control Nest.

There are some iphone apps that can control all devices in HomeKit. Look for an app called simply "Home". It should show all of the devices you have added to HomeKIt from their respective vendor-specific app. This in theory will allow you to add only the "Home" app to family member's phones, and only install the vendor-specific apps on your phone (in order to add new devices).

Here's a review of the "Home" app: http://www.imore.com/home-app-progra...hipped-homekit
    It does cost $15, but I think it's worth it. FYI, I have no association with the app developer

Quote Originally Posted by andrew-mt View Post
    There are some iphone apps that can control all devices in HomeKit. Look for an app called simply "Home". It should show all of the devices you have added to HomeKIt from their respective vendor-specific app. This in theory will allow you to add only the "Home" app to family member's phones, and only install the vendor-specific apps on your phone (in order to add new devices).

Here's a review of the "Home" app: http://www.imore.com/home-app-progra...hipped-homekit
    It does cost $15, but I think it's worth it. FYI, I have no association with the app developer
    I do have it and for now have not really gotten into utilizing it. As I am setting things up I am staying with the Lutron app.

This PD-10NXD was driving me batty but I think I figured out the issue. The switch does not seem to have the range as the others do. I moved the bridge to the central location where I plan to permanently keep it and now it is responding to not only individual commands but also for the floor and zone command.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12