Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lutron wall switch platform compatibility

Question Lutron wall switch platform compatibility

I have Lutron Silvoia wall switch (SQD-2RI etc.) dated 2008 controlling a window shade. One switch button has become 'flaky'. I bought a similar switch on eBay (2007, SQD-3RI and different color) with more buttons. But underneath the button plates, the switch platforms (black box, indicator lights, circuit board, microswitches, etc.) appears identical. So I want to swap in the new platform and put the old button plate on it. Can I do this successfully IF I reset the new circuit board DIP switch pattern to match the old one?

Lutron Technical Support
    Yes, this is possible. Match the new 3RI keypad dip switches to the old keypad's pattern to turn it into a 2RI, swap out the button kits, and then factory default the keypad. The factory default instructions can be found in Section 2.48 (Page 62/76) here: https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...ry/045038a.pdf . Then you just need to address the keypad on Section 2.8 (Page 22/76) and finally assign the correct shades to the keypad in Section 2.24 (Page 38/76). If you need assistance with this, please call our 24-hour Technical Support hotline at 1-844-588-7661.

Red face Lutron comes through!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Yes, this is possible. Match the new 3RI keypad dip switches to the old keypad's pattern to turn it into a 2RI, swap out the button kits, and then factory default the keypad. The factory default instructions can be found in Section 2.48 (Page 62/76) here: https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...ry/045038a.pdf . Then you just need to address the keypad on Section 2.8 (Page 22/76) and finally assign the correct shades to the keypad in Section 2.24 (Page 38/76). If you need assistance with this, please call our 24-hour Technical Support hotline at 1-844-588-7661.
    Brian - thanks so much! I was about to give up on finding legacy support. I have had it working with only the dip switch match and the 'center' button acting as a 'preset' rather than a true 'close'. I have downloaded the manual you provided and will try the factory default, etc.

Chat with Brian

Hi Brian, this is Daksh - I am a student at Carnegie Mellon University and we are doing some user research for Lutron. Any chance you’d be open to a 15 minute chat this/next week?

Lutron Technical Support
    Daksh, feel free to call our 24-hour Technical Support hotline at 1-844-588-7661.