Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MSCL-OP153M interferes with garage door

MSCL-OP153M interferes with garage door

I love the convenience of this switch but had to remove it as it interferes with my garage door opening and closing. I can open and close the door using the hardwired wall switch. But when I leave in my car and hit my Homelink button the door will not close if the garage lights are on. The same happens if I come home and press my Homelink button the door will not open if the lights inside are on. Shut the switch off and the garage door works fine. So, definitely an issue with the switch. Any suggestions? Thanks

We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your garage door. Can you please verify the model number of the sensor/dimmer, and can you also verfiy the model number of the button/device your Homelink is connected to? In regards to Lutron's hard wired sensor switches and sensor/dimmer that use IR technology it is not a known issue for it to interfere with a garage door operating correctly. However, with more information clarified specifically the button/device model number that your Homelink is connected to we can better determine why this issue is occurring. Please feel free to email apps@lutron.com as well as call Lutron's 24/7 over the phone technical assistance at (1-888-588-7661).