Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RRD-Pro pulsing randomly

RRD-Pro pulsing randomly

Hi all, I have a weird situation. I did a install in a small office, 1-main repeater with 20-rrd-pro dimmers. The dimming/switching works fine in forward or reverse phase selection. But randomly every 8 hrs or so different rrd-pro's cycle off then back on again. The load is led tape with a 24v driver, I have used the same set up on a different project and it works fine. could something be interfering on the radio frequency causing this? could it be the main repeater?Thanks in advance!

Is this in a 3 way system? If so make sure the dimmer ihas the SL going to the light. Is it a short piece of tape and maybe you have not hit the min wattage?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill13 View Post
    Is this in a 3 way system? If so make sure the dimmer ihas the SL going to the light. Is it a short piece of tape and maybe you have not hit the min wattage?
    Thanks for the reply Bill. It is not in a three way system and the lights are about 60W of tape each so I don't think that is the issue. The problem doesn't occur at night when the office is empty, so I think it is an issue when people are there interfering with the frequency....but I'm pretty new at this so don't know for sure. The lights worked fine when I had regular switches installed and they also worked fine when I first installed the system( I installed it at night time). Is there a way to change the frequency that the system works on, or cancel out the noise from systems in use during the day?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post BrianP

You could change the frequency of the system. Please follow this app note https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...ary/048688.pdf . Note this will require all the devices be reactivated as we are changing the frequency of the system. Hope this helps!