Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How Create Lutron Caseta Trigger Using IFTTT

How Create Lutron Caseta Trigger Using IFTTT

Hello, I am fairly new to IFTTT but the concept seems easy enough. I am trying to use IFTTT with my Lutron Caseta switch and Govee LED light strip to work together. Basically I just want the Govee LED light strip to turn on/off when I turn on/off the Lutron Caseta. When I try to set up the applet in IFTTT, I am unable to find Lutron in "Choose a service" to get started. I have the Lutron hub and Smartthings hub running. How would you go about accomplishing this action? Thank you!

Lutron Technical Support
    If searching for Lutron you should have an option for Lutron Caseta/RA2 Select that you want to select and then activate by entering the Lutron Bridge credentials used to setup the Lutron App with the Caseta bridge.

Lutron as Trigger sorely missing

It seems the IFTTT integration is only to control Lutron Caseta, not to use Lutron devices as a trigger. I wish I had known this before I invested what I did into this platform. I really hope Lutron monitors these forums and invests in the development of IFTTT for using Caseta devices as triggers.*Motion sensor to trigger based on vacancy (Wyze does this as do many others)**This could turn other devices on, turn music on (think for security reasons, or just when you come home)*Pico remote and/or switches to trigger IFTTT recipes.I'm sure there are many others, I'm just thinking of how I'd use it now (but can't).