Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Devices dropping out

Devices dropping out

I'm having an issue with devices dropping out of the system. An example would be a dimmer is programmed into the system and works but then stops responding to scenes or the app. It still shows up but I can't control it from the app. I have to remove the device and reprogram it and once that happens it works again but then another one will drop out. I haven't had the same device drop out more than once yet.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by mjohnson View Post
    I'm having an issue with devices dropping out of the system. An example would be a dimmer is programmed into the system and works but then stops responding to scenes or the app. It still shows up but I can't control it from the app. I have to remove the device and reprogram it and once that happens it works again but then another one will drop out. I haven't had the same device drop out more than once yet.

How far are these devices away from the bridge? They need to be within 30 feet of it.
    Also, are there any big metallic objects (i.e. refrigerators, filing cabinets, microwaves, metal shelves, etc.) near these devices? These can block the RF signal between the bridge and the devices.

They are within range. If the devices work when reprogrammed would it be an RF issue? The only thing I could think of that may be an issue is a fluorescent ballast is located within about 5 feet of the bridge.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by mjohnson View Post
    They are within range. If the devices work when reprogrammed would it be an RF issue? The only thing I could think of that may be an issue is a fluorescent ballast is located within about 5 feet of the bridge.
    I would try temporarily repositioning the Smart Bridge to see if the problem continues. The other thing you can do is send us a support file from your app/bridge the next time you have a device drop out of your system. This can be done by navigating to Settings>Help>Send feedback in the Lutron app. Ideally, the email generated should include notation of when the device dropped out of the system along with an application log of you trying to use the device before/afterwards. It would also be helpful to include the URL of this thread in the body of the email. Thanks!