Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Casetta dimmer and LED lights

Casetta dimmer and LED lights

I just installed a casetta dimmer on my dining room light. There are 8 candelabra led lights installed that are dimmer rated. I just removed a dimmer that was not a Casetta dimmer which seemed to work fine but was very sensitive to adjustments. I installed the Casetta and no lights on the dimmer at all. Tried swapping the 2 black wires around and same issue. The lights in the dining room were actually on but at a lower intensity than at full power it seemed. Could not dim or turn the lights on or off. I removed one of the lights and installed a 25 watt incandescent to replace the one light. Now everything works, on , off and dimming. What is with these dimmers and aside from leaving the one oddball incandescent installed are there any resolutions to this issue. Thanks

Lutron Technical Support
    Pending the LED's you are using they may just not be compatible or may not provide enough wattage on the dimmer. A list of tested bulbs can be found here https://www.lutron.com/en-US/Pages/L...atibility.aspx. You may also want to try adjusting the Low End trim on the dimmer as shown on page 66 of the Advanced Install Guide. https://www.casetawireless.com/Docum...ced%20Inst.pdf This may allow you to then use all the LED's without the incandescent.