Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Difficult 3 way step up, please help

Difficult 3 way step up, please help

Ok, I apologize for my complete lack of knowledge. I have set up lutron caseta switches everywhere in my house and have been able to make all of my 3 way switches work except for one. I have a chandelier that has 2 switches downstairs and one upstairs. the two downstair switches a normal (3 wires, 1 red and two black (one of the blacks is a tag line)), the upstairs one is different. This switch had two red and two black wires. I have tried almost every combination I can think of and I cannot get it to work! I was literally up to 4 AM (like an idiot, just trying every combination I can think of with the dimmer switch in all three locations with no success. I am able to get the light on without the dimmer switch in the circuit but when I add the dimmer, the light will not be on (and there is no power to the dimmer switch or the LED will be moving up and down but the switch does nothing to the light), or the light will be on and and there is no power to the dimmer switch or the LED will be moving up and down but the switch does nothing to the light. Please this is killing me!

4 way switch

So after researching, I now know this is a 4 way switch. How do you wire this up to get it working?

I am having the same issue with my kitchen as it has three entrances to it and therefore three switches. The "Official" answer is that you have to use Pico remotes for two of the locations and one wired Lutron Caseta switch. The Pico remotes are then programmed to work with the Caseta wired switch.

See the following link: https://support.lutron.com/us/en/pro...ith-3-switches