Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Exterior Plug

Exterior Plug

I see the Caseta is getting a nifty exterior rated plug. Anyone have an idea when the unloved step child know as RadioRa2 will get this;)?

I've used the Lutron RR-15APS-1-SW outdoors with no issues, mind you, it is not getting rained on, etc. What are you trying to accomplish? Landscape lighting?

Quote Originally Posted by radioRA2automation View Post
    I've used the Lutron RR-15APS-1-SW outdoors with no issues, mind you, it is not getting rained on, etc. What are you trying to accomplish? Landscape lighting?
    I have used them also but then I am plugging them into an existing GFI then installing a 8 by 8 by 4 PVC box to put the RR-15APS-1-SW into. This looks much cleaner than that mess;).

Yeah that exterior plug would sure come in handy. On many occasions I've had to install an indoor switch in an outdoor box and put in a bubble cover for it but it's less than ideal since eventually no matter what you do, water will destroy it and being in a metal box, the signal is not great.

There are IP rated outdoor boxes for use. I did this with my outdoor landscape lights. I have four RRD-8ANS mounted inside of a YH-100804 NEMA Hinged Electrical Enclosure (https://www.polycase.com/yh-100804). I have the clear front. I also dremel'd out the internal suspension kit (https://www.polycase.com/yx-94) so I could install the lights with the Claro plate.

Let Lutron know

Quote Originally Posted by Bill13 View Post
    I see the Caseta is getting a nifty exterior rated plug. Anyone have an idea when the unloved step child know as RadioRa2 will get this;)?
    A good way to let Lutron know is to tweet at them. Public tweets always get polite "we'll pass this along to engineering". Much more visible than here on the creaky old forums.Seriously, the biggest sin, in my mind, a manufacturer can make is to add capability to lower-end systems first.I don't mind some RA2 Select or RA features migrating downward, but it is simply unacceptable to have a nice outdoor module only available for Caseta and not the RA line.We all know it's only a firmware change. Uses the same ClearConnect radio RF.

I'd like your post, but of course the like feature is broken.

Lutron Technical Support
    We appreciate your feedback and will send it up to the Product Management team. While Radio RA2 does not have an exterior rated plug at this time, we would recommend using the LMJ-16R-DV-B for a similar application. Thank you!