Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 10nd switch no longer shuts off

10nd switch no longer shuts off

I was at a home last week and moved some loads from one switch to another at a remote junction box (moved hot tub lights from being on with land scape to pool). admittedly I did move the loads with the switches on so I could find the appropriate wires in the junction box, however nothing shorted and it was a simple remove a wire from a marrette, and install it under another (both loads are on the same circuit, and same neutral). I got a call from the homeowner later and she says that when she turned on the lights (at rrd-w6) they turn on, but no longer can she turn them off. If she pulls the airgap on the 10nd they turn off, but when she presses it in they turn back on. manually pressing the 10nd does not turn them off. They will dim however. No programing was done, so its not like something was changed there. Julian

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello, the fact that the dimmers are still dimming the lights would typically suggest that the dimmer is not shorted. If the dimmer was shorted it typically would only have an on/off function (no dimming) or just stuck on. This sounds more like something is miswired or possibly a "ghosting" issue. I'd suggest giving Lutron technical support a call when onsite to go over all the details. 1-844-588-7661

So it turns out the switch has the "3 lights of death". However it turns out this is an older 6na, and isn't compatible with the led pool lights that have been installed from what I can tell. I will be changing this out to a 8ans as dimming isn't required, however I have another related question. What is the newest (reliable) version of the ra2 essentials that does not require a connect bridge. The house is set up with control 4, and the homeowner does not need to access the Lutron app. the $275 or so for a bridge is a hard sell when in this application it brings them nothing. However if I use 12.6 it will either force the addition of a bridge, or eliminate the ability to connect the repeater to LAN if I'm not mistaken. Currently the program version is 5.5.5. if I recall.Any thoughts?

I am not aware of the newer versions requiring the bridge. It might force one into the project file but you shouldn't have to activate one. The programming is transferred from the computer to the main repeater directly. Latest 12.9 should work.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post JCEnergy.

The Connect Bridge was include in the software 10,.0 and higher. The older legacy app known as LHC+ is able to work with the system up to 12.2. Hope this helps!