Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Does Essentials have access to the PHPM modules?

Does Essentials have access to the PHPM modules?

and also GRX-TVI modules? If so, where in the software are they?I've almost completed the Ra2 Level 1 Online Training class and they are discussed in section 3.01 but I'm using the software in training mode and unable to locate them as I "practice" specifying everything in the Lutron software.A bit more info...I've decided to move away from Insteon for a new studio we're building and evaluating RA2 as an alternative. The current design for the main work space is illuminated with about 475 watts (72 ft @ 6.6 watts per foot of LED strips) for 70,000 lumens/~100 ft candles on 6 Zurik EMLV drivers. I do have two circuits that run to each driver location and a place in the circuit to hide two dimmers so I could go that route with a a pair of 250w dimmers controlled by a keypad but the second circuit was intended for future task/accent lighting so I'd like to leave that 2nd circuit open if possible which is why I think the PHPM module could be a great solution. Just not sure I would have access to program it with my Essentials version of the software.Thanks.

EDIT: Still new to this but as I take a closer look at the PHPM modules, it appears that the PHPM modules require an undimmed hot at the PHPM anyway. Is that correct? If so, I would have to tap the second circuit for that anyway since my two circuits are only 2-wire. Drywall was just completed in the past few weeks so that is rather unfortunate but at least I have 2 circuits to work with. Since the second circuit is designed for future task lighting, that entire second circuit could probably just feed outlets with plugin modules.

Boosters are not part of the RA2 system. They can be controlled by any (neutral) dimmer - RA2, Caseta, stand-alone, etc.

The boosters do require a non-dimmed hot. This can be the same hot that feeds the dimmer. If you use a separate circuit they must be on the same phase and neutrals must be kept separate.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Boosters are not part of the RA2 system. They can be controlled by any (neutral) dimmer - RA2, Caseta, stand-alone, etc. The boosters do require a non-dimmed hot. This can be the same hot that feeds the dimmer. If you use a separate circuit they must be on the same phase and neutrals must be kept separate.
    Thanks Randy. I realized that the software automatically adds the booster if you lighting load exceeds that rated for the dimmer. I'm now leaning towards just bypassing a dimmer at the primary switch location and adding two concealed dimmers within the circuit and using a keypad at the primary switch location to control both simultaneously as each of those would be under 250W. I can place those dimmers conveniently in the box adjacent to the first LED driver in the circuit. The primary location has a 4-gang box so everything would need to be de-rated there anyway vs the inline dimmers won't be. I also have an overhead 20A circuit with single gang boxes intended for duplex outlets to drop additional power within the room at each location I would need task lighting anyway so I can just use a plugin module there and control those via the same keypad.