Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Website issue

Website issue

I am posting this in RR2 troubleshooting because this forum doesn't have a general discussion or "website issues" section.My profile is screwed up, no matter how many times I press the Enter key, there are never any carriage returns in my posts so everything turns into one giant paragraph. This is not only super annoying for me it makes my longer posts borderline unintelligible.This is fixable but I understand it is a known issue and it appears Lutron will never ever ever fix this (it's been like this for a very long time). I'm sick of this situation and I also seem to be the only person who suffers from this, it looks like everyone else's posts are nicely formatted. I wonder if I create a new profile is there is a good chance the new profile won't be afflicted by this issue? Is this just a random bug and my profile caught it or do all new profiles have this problem?

Go into General Settings and
    change to "Standard Editor" and
    see if that works. I think that's how I fixed it.

I'm using Firefox.

Changing to standard worked for me.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

This forum is in desperate need of maintenance and updating. The vBulletin version used is 4.2.5, is from 2017, and is End of Life. Look at the bottom of the page and the Lutron copyright is 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by BillD View Post
    This forum is in desperate need of maintenance and updating. The vBulletin version used is 4.2.5, is from 2017, and is End of Life. Look at the bottom of the page and the Lutron copyright is 2014.
    Yes, I noticed that quite some time ago. My guess is whoever set the forum up is gone and they don't have anyone to do maintenance. It really wouldn't cost Lutron very much to hire someone who specializes in VB to fix this.

Here is the test, I changed to the standard editor and am hoping this is a new paragraph. I asked about this issue before and the responses were "tough cookies" because some people have this problem and they just have to live with it. If there are actually two paragraphs in this post THANK YOU to helping me fix it because I need help with something that will be terrible if it's all jammed into one paragraph.

IT WORKED!!!! 😁😀

While we're talking website issues, I am subscribed to some threads with email notification but I never get the email notifications. Is there another trick to getting email notifications to subscribed threads?

Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho View Post
    Yes, I noticed that quite some time ago. My guess is whoever set the forum up is gone and they don't have anyone to do maintenance. It really wouldn't cost Lutron very much to hire someone who specializes in VB to fix this.

Here is the test, I changed to the standard editor and am hoping this is a new paragraph. I asked about this issue before and the responses were "tough cookies" because some people have this problem and they just have to live with it. If there are actually two paragraphs in this post THANK YOU to helping me fix it because I need help with something that will be terrible if it's all jammed into one paragraph.

IT WORKED!!!! 😁😀
    I'd like your post, :)
    but the like button is broken. :(

Changed to Standard as well.

Looks like it works!

I'm glad Lutron is on top of their support forum. Especially since the software has no built-in help and you are instead directed to this poorly maintained forum.