Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Caseta Wireless Single-Pole/3-Way White Smart LED Touch Light Dimmer P-PKG1W-WH-R

Caseta Wireless Single-Pole/3-Way White Smart LED Touch Light Dimmer P-PKG1W-WH-R

Hi, I have a Caseta Wireless Single-Pole/3-Way White Smart LED Touch Light Dimmer model P-PKG1W-WH-R. I have two problems, First problem the light switch does not cut power to the bulb, it only dims it very low, lower than the normal setting and it flickers. I tested the wires at the light fixture and the hot wire does have power. When I pull the tab near the bottom of the switch the FASS Front Accessible Service Switch that does cut the power off. Second problem at night the light switch doesn't turn on i have to press random buttons to finally get the light to turn on? The light fixture is the same fixture I've had and does not have dusk to dawn feature. I used this model for about 4 months and had no problem, then the problem started when i couldn't turn the light on from the switch or the remote. So my local hardware store exchanged it for me, but then I had the same problem with the new unit? So I'm not sure whats going on? I'd appreciate the help. I bought this unit because of the remote so that i could turn the lights to the yard from another room.thank you Carlos V

There are 2 potential issues. Every dimmer has a required minimum load. In most cases it is 1 "compatible" LED bulb. Depending on the manufacturer it may take more. Lutron has a capacitor that might help (LUT-MLC).

Some LEDs are not dimmable. Some LEDs are not compatible with some dimmers. It is possible for the combination to work for a while before developing issues.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com